Chapter 11; The truth

"Ugh.." Jordan said frustrated
"What's wrong Jord?" Casey asks looking over Jordan's shoulder.
"I'm trying to hack into the other side's system, and figure out what they're planning, but I'm not sure how, I've hacked small things before but their security system is huge and very protective" Jordan tells Casey.
"Ahh yes, I've heard it's very protective and hard to get through" Casey says watching Jordan as his computer crashes.
"UGH!! I give up!!!" Jordan said as he slammed his head against his keyboard.
"Jordan?" Zoey asks as she open's the door to her brother's cottage.
"Yeah Zoe?" Jordan asks using his nickname for her.
"I just wanted to say hi, I thought we could talk and catch up with each other. But if you're busy I understand.." Zoey said looking at the computer with disappointment.
Jordan looked at his computer then back at Zoey and smiled.
"I can work on my stuff later, I would love to hang out with you Zoey" Jordan told Zoey while getting up out of his seat.
"Really?" Zoey asked her face lighting up.
"Of course, there's nothing I'd like to do more than hang out with my favorite little sis" Jordan said as he put his arm around his sister and walked out of the cottage leaving Casey in there.
"Uh.." Casey said as he watched them leave.
"I guess I'll try to call someone to see if they can hack" Casey said as he started grabbing out his phone.

"You can leave you know.." Felix said awkwardly to Melody as he laid in bed, watching his show about chickens.
"I thought you would want someone to keep you company" Melody said back to Felix. Everyone had left except Melody.
"Oh I enjoy your company and all it's just, I don't want you to just sit inside when it's a beautiful day outside, watching some stupid show about chickens" Felix said looking from Melody to the TV.
"I don't mind, really.. But thanks for caring" Melody said blushing a little.
"Well of course, you're one of my best friends" Felix said back.
Melody's heart breaks when she hears the word "friends".
"Besides.. It's the least I could do.. You saved my life" Felix added.
"Yeah.." Melody said back.
"Thank you, by the way" Felix said thanking her.
"It was nothing.. Felix I.." Melody began but stopped.
"You what?" Felix asked sipping out of a juice box one of the teachers gave him watching the show that's now talking about chicken eggs.
"Never mind.." Melody said changing her mind.
"What's the matter? You've been acting all strange ever since the incident with me and Jacob" Felix asked concerned finally taking his eyes off of the TV and onto Melody.
Melody looked back at him and quickly looked away feeling her cheeks become warm.
"Nothing, I'm fine" Melody told Felix.
"Okay... Oh yeah and sorry about that kiss thing, I wouldn't have done it, it's just Ella called me a chicken and.. You know" Felix said trailing off.
"Yeah.. I understand" Melody said avoiding eye contact, then she looked up at him.
Is he.. Blushing?
Melody thought and smiled while looking at him.
Felix looked over.
"What?" Felix asked.
Uh oh I've been staring for too long Melody thought.
"Uhh nothing I was just looking at your head.. Is it feeling better?"
Melody asked saving herself.
Felix pats his head and winces.
"N-no not really" Felix said feeling dizzy after patting his head.
Melody notices all of Felix's burns, bruises, and cuts that are now visible after they washed all the ashes off of him.
"I can't believe Jacob did this, I knew something was weird about him.. But I didn't expect this.." Melody said looking and his wounds which made Felix uncomfortable so he pulled his blanket up to his neck.
"Yeah.. I wasn't expecting that either, I went up the stairs thinking that Jacob was behind me, so I turned around looking for him in the basement holding the door open until he pushed me.."
Felix said looking down as he felt his eyes burn, fighting back the tears of being trapped down there by what he thought was his best friend.
"I'm sorry Felix" Melody said as she walked over and gave him a hug and felt him go stiff.
"Uhh.. Melody.."
"Yeah?"
"I uh.. I only have underwear on under these blankets.. Just thought you should know that" Felix said laughing a little.
Melody's face turns red as she quickly let's go of Felix.
"Oh! I-I'm sorry!" Melody said quickly sitting back down her face red.
Felix laughs "it's fine" he says as he smiled at her.
"It's cute when your face turns red like that" Felix said, laughing at Melody.
Her face gets redder.
"I- uh- thanks?" Melody managed to say as she laughed with him.
"Well, I'm gonna go to sleep, I'm tired and my whole body hurts" Felix said as he starts to yawn.
"I'll get going" Melody said as she walked towards the door.
"Wait" Felix said quickly watching her.
"Yes?" She asked turning around to face him
"Thanks for coming to visit me, and staying with me to keep me company, it was very nice of you and I enjoyed it" Felix said, with a warm smile.
"You're welcome, I enjoyed it too" Melody said smiling back trying not to burst out with giggles and excitement.
Melody walked out of the infirmary room and can't wait to tell Mackenzie about everything.