Chapter 32; Inside info

"OKAY EVERYONE WAKE UP!" Mitch yells over the loudspeakers.
"Ugh what time is it?" Ella asks.
"It's 6:00." Mackenzie says, hopping out of bed.
"Do I even have to get up? It's not like I'm going anywhere." Zoey says, annoyed.
"Just come, maybe Jordan changed his mind." Mackenzie says.
"Okay, but I doubt it." Zoey says glumly.
"Melody! Wake UP!" Ella says as she shoves Melody off of her bed.
"What the heck, Ella!" Melody says as she gets up slowly.
"How did you not wake up from Mitch's insanely loud yelling?" Zoey asked.
"I tune out things that don't matter to me in my sleep." Melody says, tucking in the corners of her bedding.

"So, who's going?" Jace asks them when they meet up in the hallway.
"No idea." Mackenzie says.
Jordan then walks into the hallway.
"Okay, after a lot of thinking, I've decided on who's going." Jordan says, looking at each of them in turn.
"Okay, who?" Zoey says, annoyed.
"Wait! We have one more!" Casey said as he shoved Joey into the dorms.
"Hey Jo!" Jordan said.
"Hi." Joey said, not amused.
"Okay so, Felix, Jace, Mackenzie, and Joey. All of you will be going on the mission." Jordan said, reading off the names.
"Your skills are most useful in a mission like this, and your acting skills were the best in the group." Jordan continues.
Melody and Ella exchange disappointed glances.
"As for the rest of you, take the day off. I don't expect for you three to get anything done today anyways." Jordan said, eying them.
"Got that right, I'm going back to sleep." Melody said before yawning and walking back into the dorms.
"I'll go too, no one needs me anyways." Zoey said, also going into the dorms.
Ella just stands there.
"Okay so, all of you, when you go into the bathrooms, there are collections of black clothing that you'll need to put on. If you really want to convince them that you're part of the other side, you'll need to wear it. Meet me back here in fifteen minutes, sharp." Jordan says, holding the door open for them to leave.

"Ella wanna come with me? I feel weird being there by myself.." Mackenzie says with a small laugh.
"Sure." Ella agrees.
"Oh yeah! We're going on the mission!" Jace says, high giving Felix.
"Yeah man!" Felix says, laughing.
"Ugh, you two are unbearable." Joey says.
"Do I even have to change?" He asks, already wearing full black clothes.
"Just don't, you look evil enough." Jace says as he exchanged his red shirt for a black one.
"Hey, what's that on your arm?" Felix asks Joey.
"What, this? Why do you care?" He asks.
"I'm just wondering." Felix says submissively.
"Well if you have it know, it's the seal of The Other Side. When you join, they burn this into your arm. That answer your question?" Joey asks as he leans against the sink.
"Wait, if every member from the other side has those, we don't." Jace said, looking at Felix.
"You guys are screwed." Joey says, laughing a bit, making his eyes flash more brownish.
"Dang it!" Jace says.
"What?" Felix asks.
"Our eyes don't do that funky thing where they change color!" Jace says.
"Oh crap.." Felix says.
"Maybe Jordan figured out something for it?" Felix offers.
"Knowing Jordan, probably not. He always forgot the most important things." Joey says.
"Well you're from the other side! Give us some help!" Jace says to Joey.
"Fine. They are trained to kill, but are about as dumb as a rock. They overlook the most simple things, and... Have great cupcakes." Joey says.
"Okay, maybe they won't notice the eyes or the seal." Felix says.
"Maybe not. Hopefully not." Jace says.

"Okay, so is everyone ready?" Jordan asks them as they all stand in the hallway, waiting for further instructions.
Everyone nods their head yes.
Felix raises his hand.
"Yes, Felix?" Jordan asks.
"According to Joey, all members of the other side have one of these on their arm." Felix said, holding up Joey's arm so they can see the hexagon with OS in the middle on his forearm.
"Don't touch me!" Joey says, and wrenches his arm out of Felix's grasp.
"Awww dang it." Jordan said, examining the seal.
"Okay, just... Crap I didn't think this through." Jordan says.
Joey gives a "told you" look to Jace and Felix.
"We can wear sweaters, or long sleeves." Mackenzie offers.
"Alright I guess that'll have to do for now.." Jordan says as he motions for them to follow him.
He leads them to the teacher's cabin and pulls out four black sweaters from a cabinet.
"They might be big." He says, looking at the sizes of all of them.
"The smallest I have is a medium.. Here Mackenzie this one is for you." Jordan throws the medium to Mackenzie.
"The rest are larges, and an extra large. Who's biggest?" Joey and Felix both point at Jace.
"Should I be offended..?" Jace asked, looking at them.
"Okay, the car should be here-" Jordan gets interrupted by the car horn.
"Right now! Let's go." Jordan says, and they all follow him to the fence gate.
"Good luck guys." Melody says, standing by the door waiting for them.
"Kenz, if you don't come back, I want you to know that I used your toothbrush to scrape dog poop off my shoe." Melody says, and they crack up with laughter.
"Never gets old does it?" Mackenzie asks, remembering always doing that with Melody before they did something scary, like when they went bungee jumping at their county fair.
"Nope." Melody says laughing.
"Felix wait." Melody grabs his arm to stop him.
"Yeah?" He asks.
Melody hugs him for a long time.
"In case you don't come back." She says before pulling away.
"Gee thanks for lifting my spirits." Felix says laughing and rolling his eyes.
"I'm serious." Melody says.
"He'll be fine! He's got me!" Jace said, putting an arm around his shoulders.
"Uh huh.." Melody says, nodding her head.
"Just please be careful?" She asks Felix.
"Yes, mother." He says while laughing.
"Have fun." She says before they leave.