Chapter 42; Storm clearing up

One hour has passed, so that would mean only about two more hours until the storm will finally reach its end.
"Alright, the storm is finally starting to clear up a bit" Jordan said while looking at his phone
"Raise your hand if you need to use the bathroom"
Everyone raises their hand, Jordan sighs and asks another question.
"Who can't hold it?"
No one puts down their hand
"Can you guys at least hold it until the storm passes? Raise your hand if you can" Jordan asked hoping he won't have to take all of the students up to the restrooms while the storm is still in action.
Everyone raises their hand once again, except Felix. Jordan gives Felix a glare and then Felix raises his hand.
"Alright good, I'm taking a nap, I haven't really slept much at all since the storm has started" Jordan said as started to grab a sleeping bag and a pillow. He went to the corner of the room and laid down.
Everyone sat quietly. Mackenzie then remembered something, something that could help Melody and her problem with Felix. Mackenzie walked next to Ella and sat down.
"Hey" Kenzie whispered
"Hey Kenz"
"You know what I just remembered?" Mackenzie asked her.
"What?" Ella asked back.
"That day of the explosion.. Right before Felix went into the computer lab, Melody told me that she wanted to ask Felix out on a date." Mackenzie said, remembering it.
"Really? Pfft good luck with that." Ella says while rolling her eyes.
"Well, maybe while he's not fully there, I can get him to ask her out, and not think of it weirdly." Mackenzie said, ignoring Ella's remark.
"It does actually sound like it could work." Ella says, thinking about it a little.
"But it has to be something small, so he won't get suspicious." Ella adds.
"Hmm.. Maybe they can just get ice cream or something." Mackenzie says after thinking.
"Yeah, that's good I guess." Ella agrees, not getting any other ideas.
"Alright, I'm going to try and do this." Mackenzie said as she got up.
"Good luck." Ella told her as Mackenzie made her way over to where Felix was sitting.
"Hi." She says sitting down.
"Hi." Felix replies blankly.
"So Felix, you like ice cream, right?" Mackenzie starts.
"Yeah, it's my favorite food, at least I think it is.." Felix says starting to think.
"Awesome, there's this place not too far from here where you can get ice cream." Mackenzie says.
"Really? Do they have cookie dough? What about mint chocolate chip?" Felix asks, getting excited.
"What I'm saying is you should go there sometime. But we technically aren't allowed out of the fence by ourselves." Mackenzie says, pretending to think a little, ignoring his question.
"Oh.. So I can't get ice cream?" Felix asks her sadly.
"I know! Why don't you ask Melody to go with you? I'm sure she'd like to." Mackenzie offers.
I really hope this works..
Mackenzie thinks while waiting for Felix's response.
"Okay.. Will she pay for it too? Cause I don't remember where I put my money.." Felix asks as he looks over Mackenzie's shoulder at Melody.
"Yeah.. She'll pay for it." Mackenzie says, then cringes at what she agreed to.
"Awesome! I wanna go now." Felix says as he starts to get up.
"Wait, the storm isn't over yet." Mackenzie says.
"So..? Oh..." Felix says, understanding.
"I forgot about that." Felix says as he sits back down, laughing a little.
"Why did you tell me this anyways?" Felix asks, tilting his head a little.
"I just thought maybe ice cream would make you feel better, you know with the memory loss and coma." Mackenzie says, trying to find a good coverup.
"Oh, that's nice of you." Felix says with a friendly smile.
"Okay, well I'm going to go now. You should ask her before you forget." Mackenzie says as she gets up.
"Ask who what?" Felix asks.
Mackenzie sighs and looks down at her sneakers.
"Ask Melody, to take you to get some ice cream." Mackenzie says slowly, and points over at Melody.
"Oh! Right, right. Okay, I'll go do that." Felix says as he also stands up.
Mackenzie goes back to Ella, while Felix walks over to Melody.
"So did you do it? Did it work?" Ella asks Mackenzie, wanting to know what happened.
"Yep! He bought it! And it honestly wasn't that great of a reason." Mackenzie says with a laugh.
"Hey Melody." Felix says as he sits next to her.
"Hey." Melody says.
"Apparently there's this ice cream place near the camp, I was wondering if you could go with me?" Felix asks her.
"Of course I can!" Melody says, feeling her heart speed up.
"Awesome! Let's go right after the storm ends!" Felix says, excited to be getting his ice cream.
"Okay, that'll be great!" Melody says, smiling like crazy.
"Right when the storm ends?" Felix asks again, making sure.
"When the storm ends." Melody agrees.
"Yay! Thank you!" Felix says, giving Melody a quick hug before walking back over to his spot.
Melody tries her best to keep her scream in while watching him walk back.
"If this is a dream, then never wake me up." She says as she leans against the wall and closes her eyes, imagining the whole scene over.
"So what was that all about?" Jace asks Felix when he comes back with a grin.
"What?" Felix asks, not understanding.
"Come on man! You just talked to two hot girls in a row! How are you not excited or something?" Jace asks.
"Why is everyone so hot? I think it's the meeting room, you should tell Jordan about this, because you're the one who's noticing it." Felix says to Jace with a concerned look.
"Okay, I'm not even going to try to explain, just tell me what you were talking about." Jace asks.
Felix tells Jace about both conversations.
"Wow, honestly I think that you just got tricked into asking Melody out on a date." Jace says with a laugh.
"What? How can I ask her on a date when I don't even know the date? What is today anyways?" Felix asks Jace.
"Should of seen it coming." Jace says with a blank expression, not at all surprised at Felix's answer.
"Seen what coming? No one else came." Felix says as he looks at the door.
"Forget it." Jace says, waving a hand through the air.
"Forget what?" Felix asks, raising his voice a little.
"Just pretend I never said anything." Jace says as he starts to laugh at Felix's confusion.
"Why does everyone want me to do that? I can't because you did say it and I want to know what you meant! Everyone just changes the subject when I get confused instead of telling me what they actually mean! Do you like cherry pie?" Felix asks after his head starts to hurt a lot.
"Cherry pie is great." Jace says with a forced smile, hoping Felix forgot what they were talking about.
"Now I'm getting kind of hungry." Felix says.
"Yeah, me too." Jace agrees.
"Dang it I did it again!" Felix said starting to yell.
"Did what?" Jace asked pretending not to understand.
"I changed the subject! Tell me what you mean! I'm sick of everyone telling me to 'forget it'! If I keep forgetting everything it'll never get better, I'll never understand anything! You have no idea what it feels like to be me right now! All I do is forget and not understand and when I try to understand my head hurts and no one will help me!" Felix yelled on the verge of tears, everyone stopped to look at them hearing what Felix said.
"Dude chill! I'm sorry!" Jace said starting to feel bad.
"It's okay, just help me understand.. Please" Felix says quieter than before noticing everyone staring.
"Alright, when I say someone is 'hot', that means that they're good looking, they're pretty, not on fire or anything like that" Jace said trying to help.
"Oh.. That makes sense" Felix said nodding his head slightly, his mind wondering off to another place.
"So you're still hungry?" Jace asked getting Felix's attention.
"What do you mean?" Felix replied confused.
"I mean, you said you were hungry, I was asking if you still were" Jace said slowly, trying to get Felix to understand him.
"Oh, yes I am hungry" Felix said holding his stomach
"Alright then, let's go" Jace said starting to stand up, Felix close behind. They walked over to the food crate where Jordan was, grabbing a few strawberries.
"Hey guys, you hungry? I got some more food from the cafeteria and got rid of that moldy junk" Jordan said motioning towards the crate
"Yeah, actually we are hungry" Jace said walking towards it and grabbing some grapes. Felix walked up to it too, grabbing a lemon.
"So what was that little scene all about?" Jordan whispered to Jace who was eating some grapes.
"Oh that? Just Felix and his usual meltdowns" Jace said shrugging
"Yeah but he sounded really upset, when you tell him things and he doesn't understand you need to explain it to him, no one likes not knowing" Jordan said sternly making sure his point got across.
"Yuck! These things are sour" Felix said making a face at the lemon.
"Why are you eating a lemon?" Jace asked as he grabbed the lemon out of his hand.
"Because Joey said they tasted like ice-cream!" Felix said upset,  covering his mouth with his hands, his eyes starting to water.
Joey started to snicker.
Jordan looks at Joey and gives him a dirty look.
"What? You can't expect me to not pull a few tricks on him while he's like this? That guy had it coming, this is just to get back at all those times he had annoyed me" Joey said defending himself.
"You can't just take an advantage of someone like that! He will believe everything you say, which isn't fair to him" Jordan said looking at Felix who was with Jace trying to get sour taste out of his mouth.
"I'm very disappointed in you" Jordan said while walking away.
Joey just rolled his eyes.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-
The storm is finally starting to clear up (yay!)
We have the next chapter all completed, and let's just say there's a bit of action between the two lovebirds ;)))