Chapter 1

Desiree
10 years later

I got dressed in black nike leggings and the hoodie to match with Mani's red bandana tied around my head as a headband. I've been doing this since my baby first went to jail.

"Baby," I called Sierre,

He soon came into view with a pout on his face. "Mommy I'm 10, you can't call me that anymore," he stated.

I laughed, "You're always gonna be mommy's little baby,"

He sighed, "I guess," he threw his back pack over his shoulders, "When is my other mommy coming back? I miss her,"

"She'll be back when you wake up in the morning, promise." I smiled. He still looks like Mani to this day. He has my eyes and my attitude.

"I'll get you some McDonald's on the way to school," I said. My phone began ringing, "Here, take these and start the car up," I handed him my car keys. "And don't touch anything," I called after him.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"What you doing?" Mani said,

I smiled, "I'm dropping Sierre off right now,"

I grabbed a water and headed out house. "How's he doing?"

"He's good. He actually just asked about you,"

"I'm coming back soon," she said.

I sighed, "Tomorrow is taking too long,"

"I know. But I been seeing yo cute ass all over tv an shit. You doing big things baby girl, I'm proud of you." I smiled as wide as I could. Hearing that from Mani means so much to me.

"I had to slap a couple bitches for talking out they mouth tho, I hate when people look at you like that,"

I laughed, "You're married to a model, so get used to it,"

"An you're married to a trap star,"

I laughed but that soon turned to a frown when she said, "I gotta go baby."

I pouted, "Okay, bye, I love you,"

"I love you too," she responded before hanging up.

I got in the car and headed to Sierre's school.

*

"You better be on your best behavior Sierre, I'm not playing with you," I stated in a stern voice.

"Okay mommy," he leaned over and kissed my cheek. "I love you baby," I called after him as he got out the car. "I love you more," he said.

I smiled at him as he walked through the doors of his school. Sierre graduates fifth grade tomorrow, hopefully Mani doesn't miss it. He would be so crushed if she did.

I started the car up and headed to the trap. When I got there my brothers were standing outside while smoking a blunt and laughing. "Desi" Ray cooed with open arms. I laughed and allowed him to hug me.

"I seen you on tv earlier," Marcus said

I smiled, "Were you nervous?" Ray asked,

"No, I'm used to attention an shit like that so it was easy."

"So trappin is yo side hobby now?" Khylan asked,

I was only trappin because Mani was gone and she asked me to take care of some shit. As her wife, I did it. Now that she's getting out tomorrow, I won't have to do it anymore.

"Not anymore." I said.

Everybody nodded. We stood there in a comfortable silence.

"Heard Mani's getting out tomorrow," Khylan finally spoke.