Chapter 57

Armani

My back rested against the headboard and my leg was pulled up towards my chest while I scrolled through pictures on my phone.

I looked up when I smelled the fragrance of Desiree's perfume. She was dressed in casual attire consisting of ripped denim jeans that exposed her thighs, a Versace tshirt, and sandals. Her hair was pulled up in a neat bun as her face was caked up in makeup.

"I'm getting ready to go to the spa with my mom. I'll be back in time to fix dinner." She approached me and planted a kiss on my lips.

"I don't want you to go." I complained as she held my face in her hands and stared deeply in my eyes. "But I--"

"Stay for another twenty minutes. I'll do that thing with my tongue you like," I say while wrapping my arms around her waist tightly.

"I told her I was on my way like twenty minutes ago. If I don't leave now she's gon know I was lying." She said.

"Baby, I'm sure she already knows you were lying." I said as I laid my head against her flat stomach. "When I come back I'm all yours, I promise." She leaned down and kissed my forehead as I moved my arms from around her and frowned causing Desiree to laugh.

"I'll be back." She says, kissing my lips once more.

"Be safe." I said as she wiped the corners of my mouth and smiled. "I will." She replied.

I watched her walk off until she suddenly turned around to face me, "Breakfast is on the table, so make sure you and Sierre eat before it gets cold." She informed me.

She stared at me with her eyebrows pushed up waiting on me to say something to confirm that I was listening. My eyes roamed her body momentarily before locking on her gorgeous green eyes. I gave a smile that caused her to blush and look away from me.

"Did you hear me?" She asked and I nodded my head. "Yeah, I heard you." I replied. Desiree smiled before turning to walk away.

I reached up and ran a hand down my face just as my phone began ringing. I leaned over and grabbed my phone to see Milo calling.

"I haven't heard from you in a while. Where you been nigga?" Milo said once I'd accepted the call.

"I know. Imma come through in a lil while. You at home?" I ask.

"Nah, I'm out and about right now. Come through in a hour or so, I should be home then," he said and I nodded as if he could see me.

"Ight." I say before hanging up and tossing my phone onto the bed. I stood up and stretched before making my way to Sierre's room.

The door was slightly cracked so I slowly pushed it open to see him laying down with his arm draped over his eyes. He moved his arm and looked over at me with his usual blank facial expression.

"What you trynna do today?" I asked him watching as he slowly pulled himself up. "Nothing really. Ion feel good." He responded as he rubbed his eyes.

"Your stomach hurt or something?" I approached him and placed the back of my hand on his forehead to see if he had a fever or not.

"Yeah, and my head hurts too." He said as I pulled my hand away and placed it under his shirt and on his chest finding that he did in fact have a fever.

"I'll be back." I said before going to get my phone. I dialed Desiree's number and held my phone to my ear as I waited for her to pick up.

"Yes baby?" She answered. I could hear the smile in her voice. "Sierre has a fever, and ion know what to do." I said.

"He's really sick? I thought he was only saying that to get out of cleaning his room." She said. I could hear car horns honking followed by Desiree's cursing.

"I'm getting ready to turn around right now." She said.

"Nah, you don't have to do that. Jus tell me what I should do." I replied.

"Are you sure? I'm not even that far away, it would only take me five minutes--"

"I'm sure Desi." I cut her off.

"Have him take a cold bath, but make sure it's not too cold then go up to CVS and get him some medicine." She said.

"Okay. Enjoy your day baby." I say before hanging up. I tucked my phone away and went into Sierre's bathroom to run him a cold bath like Desiree said to do.

I placed my hand under the faucet as the water came out, making sure it wasn't too cold for him. Then, I went back into his bedroom to find him laying down again.

"Come here." I said and he got up from the bed and stumbled towards me. "You don't have to throw up do you?" I ask while pulling his shirt over his head.

Sierre shook his head before gagging and eventually throwing up all over the floor. "Sorry." He apologized as I used my shirt to wipe his mouth.

"Go and get in the tub." I said and he walked around me, going into his bathroom that was connected to his room.

While he was in the bathroom I used that as an opportunity to clean up the mess and take a shower. By the time I finished getting dressed Sierre was calling for me, so I rushed to his aide.

He was dressed in sweatpants and a white beater as he sat on his bed. I felt his forehead again, finding that his fever had went down some but he was still hot.

"Put your shoes on so we can go and get you some medicine." I said, watching as he walked over to his closet and put on a pair of Jordan's.

**

As I drove I'd occasionally check my surroundings and glance over at Sierre as his head rested against the window.

"You feel better?" I asked causing him to look over at me. His eyes were red like he had been crying causing me to sigh.

I stopped at the red light and reached over to wipe his face free of tears. "You won't have to feel like this for much longer, I promise." I said and he smiled weakly as I ran my fingers through his hair.

The light turned green and so I pushed down on the gas pedal, ignoring the sound of other cars beeping their horns. Sierre still hadn't stopped smiling as he watched me and I chuckled before looking over at him briefly.

"Why you smiling so hard?" I ask while focusing on the road and checking my surroundings again.

"No reason." He said and I finally looked over at him to see a truck going full speed towards us.

I tried to avoid a collision but ended up losing control of the wheel as the truck collided with Sierre's side of the car. The windows busted open as shots began ringing. Sierre was slumped over in the seat with blood leaking from his head and I quickly leaned over to take his seatbelt off only to find that it was jammed.

I tried pulling it out but it wouldn't budge. Bullets whizzed by as I continued doing everything I could to get Sierre out of the car.

"Ma, it hurts." Sierre said weakly causing me to look up at him to see his eyes slowly closing. I gently slapped the side of his face to keep him up.

I glanced down at his chest, seeing his white beater was stained with blood and when I lifted his shirt I saw a bullet pierced in his side.

I put my hand over the wound, applying pressure to stop the blood from oozing out and by the time I looked up, his eyes were rolling back.

I yelled for somebody to call a ambulance as I held my sons face in my hands. Tears clouded my vision as I leaned down, pressing my forehead to his.

"I need you to fight this, Sierre. I can't lose you." I said, holding my son as close as possible to me.