Chapter 19

Desiree

"Why didn't you tell me you got married?" My dad asked.

I shrugged, "I didn't feel like it was that important."

"You're my first born. Of course it was important to me." he said.

"I don't feel like I am. You got damn near 10 other kids, I just met Ciara a few weeks ago."

He sighed, "I was married, when people get married they start families."

I thought about holding back on what I really want to say, but fuck it.

"That's bullshit Josiah. All your kids have different mothers. What bitch is dumb enough to stay with you when you've had 9 other babies behind her back?"

"Don't call me by my first name Desiree. I'm your father, you still need to respect me." he stated in a stern voice.

I scoffed, "I don't have to respect shit. You for damn sure don't do it, so why should I?"

"I was never able to commit to one woman. The fact that I did cheat on Alexis that many times fucks with me. I wasn't ready for marriage, but when she got pregnant with Ciara, I had no choice."

I rolled my eyes, not really interested in his sob story.

"Whatever. Is this all you wanted to talk about?" I asked, dryly.

"I'm sick" he said.

"With AIDS or HIV?" I asked him.

I knew he had to have one of them cause he went raw in 10 different women.

"AIDS"

I nodded, "And now you want me to pay damn near 3 million dollars so you can get the shit cured, right?" I scoffed, "What did your other 9 children say?"

"The same shit you're saying. I don't exactly have the best relationships with my kids." he said.

"Because you treat their mothers like whores" I stated, truthfully.

"Just give me time to think about it." I said.

I stood up and gathered my belongings before kissing his forehead and leaving.

*

"He has 9 other kids, by 9 different women. Now, he has AIDS." I said. "I don't know if I should just pay for him to go overseas for the cure, or just let him die." I said.

"Don't talk like that Desiree. I taught you better than that haven't I?" My mom scolded me.

"But you don't understand Mom. I have a strong hate for that nigga an I don't even know why."

Mom sighed, "Baby, he isn't a bad guy. He just has some problems. Holding grudges isn't going to help anything. I told you to just let everything out and keep it pushing."

I remained silent. I want to help him, but at the same time I don't.

"I'll go half with you." she said.

"Imma be spending damn near 1.5 million. I fucking hate spending money" I whined.

"He's your father Desiree. Don't make me slap the shit out you" she scolded me.

I rolled my eyes, "Why you always yelling at me"

"If you gon cry, just get out right now." she said.

"I can't leave right now. Mani isn't home and I'll be bored without her. Busta keeps kidnapping my son so I barely see either of them." I said.

"Is Busta okay? She's been acting weird, I'm starting to get anxious." I said.