Chapter 24

Armani

I opened the door and allowed Ro to come inside, I made sure she was in front of me though.

Once we got into the living room, I saw how horrible she looked. I could tell she had been stressing over Tammy. A part of me felt for her, Ro and Tammy had been involved since we were 17. That's like me and Desiree. Lord knows if I was to lose Desiree, I'd kill everybody. She's my baby, my wife, my best friend, my everything. Her and Sierre are the last people I'd ever want to lose.

She ran her hands through her fro before looking up at me, "Tammy was murdered the other day."

"I know you and her stopped talking, but I just need to know if you killed her."

Desiree came down the stairs and joined me on the couch, she kissed my cheek and laid her head on my shoulder. "Nah, I didn't have shit to do with it. But, I'm sorry for your loss."

Really, I am.

"Once I find out who did it, I swear to god imma--"

"Don't even finish that sentence bro." I said.

"Before she died, she was telling me how they jumped you." she looked at Desiree. "I know one of y'all had something to do with this."

I sat there with a blank expression.

"You don't even care do you?" Ro asked Desiree.

"Nope. Fuck that bitch." Desiree said,

Ro made an attempt to lunge at Desiree but I nipped that shit in a bud. "Hell nah Ro. Me and you been tight since 4th grade, but I'll body you over her."

"You choosing a bitch over me?"

"You really need to chill the fuck out B."

"Fuck chilling Mani. I just lost the love of my life an you expect me to be calm? If you lost Desiree you wouldn't be calm right now."

I didn't say anything, because it's true.

"Mani, we've been tight for a while now. Every bone in my body is telling me you had something to do with her death. Just man up about that shit an tell me."

I didn't do it, but Desiree did an I'm not snitching on my nigga. That's not how the game goes.

"Nah B, like I said before, I don't know shit."

Shit hit me so hard and fast. Desiree was about to shoot her, but I told her to chill.

"I can't believe you Mani. We supposed to be bros."

"Had she not jumped my shordy, shit would be coo."

"So you want beef over a bitch?"

"Desiree ain't no bitch fam. Imma need you to chill with all that." I said. "But you know me Ro. You know how I get down. If it's beef, let me know, we can make some fucking burgers."

"Oh yeah. It's definitely beef." Ro said.

Just to get under her skin, I said, "Why you trippin over her hoe ass anyway? She fucked the whole Brooklyn. She was down to let me fuck too."

"I hope you ready for everything that coming your way Mani. Since you so tough an shit."

"Been tough since I was a shordy. Just make yo move pussy."

*

Desiree

I was watching Mani load a pistol. Since Ro left, she hasn't said much. It was really bothering me.

"What are you thinking about?"

Mani put the pistol down, "I don't want you or Sierre here right now. Imma pay for a ticket, so y'all can go to Cuba with your moms and Busta."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Desiree, I'm not trynna hear the whole 'I'm a grown ass woman' speech tonight. This is final."

"You never let me make my own decisions."

"She's gonna try an take everything close to me. An since I don't have any family, she's gonna come for you or my son. I'm not about to lose either of y'all, so stop being difficult."

"If I stay, I can help you with this. I'm the one who killed Tammy anyway."

Mani looked like she was in deep thought, "I don't know."

"Come here."

She did as I said, I began rubbing her shoulders. "We'll talk about this in the morning." I said.

Mani nodded and pulled her shirt over her head.

I never noticed Mani had the world tatted on her arm. Inside the globe was my name in different fonts and sizes.

"I never knew you had my name on you."

Mani looked down at her arm and smiled at me. "Yeah, I almost forgot I had it."

"It's beautiful."

"I meant to go back and get one for Sierre, but that never happened. I'll have to go back soon." she said.

I continued to stare at it in awe.

"I got it when I was sloppy drunk. I don't even remember what happened, I just know Marcus was listening to me cry over you. We just happened to be sitting in front of the tattoo parlor. In my mind, I was thinking that if I got your name tattoed on me, you would come back. So I got the tattoo, smoked 5 blunts and forgot I even got it."

"You were crying over me?"

She nodded, "Because I loved you so much, but I didn't know how to show you. I was mad at myself."

"I used to be a dick, an I don't even know why."

She turned on her side and placed a kiss on my forehead. "We got a lot of shit to take care of tomorrow."

"You're letting me stay?"

"Yeah.. But only if you can handle it."

"I can."

For the rest of the night we stayed up reminiscing. Mani was sound asleep with her hands in my panties. I couldn't sleep, something didn't feel right.

I got out of bed and put one of Mani's hoodies on before going to check on Sierre.

He wasn't in his room, so I figured he was downstairs. He wasn't down there either. Tears began to pour out of my eyes as I got closer to our bedroom.

I tapped Mani's shoulder and wiped my eyes,

"Sierre's gone."