Chapter 24

5 days later
Desiree

I smirked as I ran the red light. The lean in my cup was almost gone and to ease the pain I felt, I popped a few pills and smoked a few blunts. I'm currently on my way to see what Ray is up to.

I downed the last of my lean before tossing the empty cup out the window of my new Ferrari, and out into the street. I ran yet another red light and smiled at the fact that the police were behind me.

I thought about pulling over, but decided against it. 30 minutes later, the police car was nowhere in sight, but that didn't mean they weren't following me so I circled around the block until I was satisfied before going to Ray's mansion.

I parked around the front and got out, making sure to grab my designer purse filled with money for his strippers.

While I waited for him to open the door, I texted Sierre to see if everything is coo over there.

"You must be Desiree"

I looked up from my phone to see a very beautiful fem standing in front of me. I smiled politely and went to the living room. He was smoking while looking at the stripper in front of him.

I joined him on the couch and smiled before kissing his cheek.

"Why you so happy?" he asked.

I shrugged and put my purse on the floor next to me. I wasn't exactly happy, I was only smiling so he couldn't see the hurt in my eyes. I didn't want people to see me hurt. So, I had to play the shit coo.

I shrugged, "It's jus a good day I guess"

"Good. Cause I gotta talk to you." he said.

"About?" he questioned.

"I'm going to Miami for a few weeks for business. You down to ride?" I asked.

"Ion know. Maybe not. Depends on how Sierre feels about it." I said.

Ray made a face. "Stop spoiling him or he gon grow up an be a bitch nigga."

"He's too much like Mani to be soft" I said.

Ray nodded, "You right. But you only got 2 days to make up your mind."

My eyes lingered over to the stripper, she bit her lip at me. I kept my gaze on her, tuning everything out.

Some days, I really miss Mani. I be wanting to go to the strip club and look at dimes all night with my best friend. Or jus get high and reminisce all night.

She said she needed space, so imma give it to her but I need to know if she's coo.

"I talked to Mani last night, that's actually why I told you to come over" he said.

I kept my gaze on the stripper, waiting for him to continue talking. When I realized he was waiting for me to say something, I looked over at him. "Is she good?"

"No. But I guess she's better than the last time you saw her. Still not the same tho." he said.

"She's still taking her meds tho right?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Ion think she been taking them at all. She hasn't been mad tho, jus really vulnerable."

"How vulnerable?" I asked,

"She be crying over anything. We was hooping with Sierre the other day, an she cried for a good 10 minutes because her Jordan's got fucked up." Ray laughed.

"Leave her alone. She loves Jordan's" I snapped.

I waited for him to stop laughing before getting serious again. "Should I go see her?"

"Ion know. She asks about you a lot tho. Couldn't get her to shut the fuck up the other day. You know how Mani gets, she could be thinking about you all day and when she finally sees you, she'll act like you don't matter. You haven't exactly been coo these past couple of days an I don't want you to get hurt even worse than what you already are."

"But this is Mani we're talking about. I have to make sure she's coo." I said.

"Then go talk to her." he said.

"Ion know" I said.

"Why not?"

"Cause I'm scared. Ion know how she's gon react."

"Guess you'll know when you get there" he said.

I looked down at my purse and sighed, "I guess I'll go."

*

I didn't bother knocking when I got there. Sierre was eating a slice of pizza while playing the game. When he saw me he smiled.

I kissed his forehead and hugged him tightly. "Where's Mani?"

"Upstairs." he said.

I kissed him again before going upstairs.

Mani was laying on her stomach in the middle of the bed watching something on her phone. I closed the door behind me once I got inside.

She got up from the bed and put her phone on the charger. She still hadn't noticed me standing here.

She took her rolex off before her eyes met mine.

"What are you doing here?" she asked,

"I came to check on you" I said.

"I don't need you to do that" she snapped. "Jus get the fuck out"

I opened the door and was about to walk away, but was stopped when I felt her grab my wrist. She pulled me back inside and closed the door.

"I didn't mean that. I'm sorry" she said quietly.

I looked down at my shoes, "It's okay"

She slightly bent down so she was looking in my eyes. Without saying anything she pulled me into her. Like always, I melted under her touch. She smelled so good and the warmth from her body made me feel better.

She pulled back and looked directly in my eyes. "What's wrong?"

I pushed back tears, trying to find the right words to say.

She pulled me back into her and rubbed my back. "You don't have to tell me right now. We'll talk tomorrow or something" she said.

She pulled back again, "You are staying with me tonight, right?"

I nodded and watched her smile. I smiled too and for the first time in days, it wasn't forced, but because she just made me happy.

"I know I be telling you to leave when I get mad, I don't be meaning it tho. Just don't leave me again. Okay? Nothing was right without you, an I keep crying for no reason cause- nevermind." she said.

"Talk to me Mani." I said.

"I don't feel like you love me the way I love you. Ion think you really believe me when I say I'd die for you, cause I really would. Every time I need, you leave but when you need me, I drop everything just to make sure you're good. Just like when I fuck up, I always apologize, but when you do, you never apologize. You say you love me all the time, but I swear it feels like you're only married to me cause you don't want another divorce"

"Mani, I do love you. I love you so much. I'd kill for you, just like I'd die for you. I'm down for you, it's been like that since you was a lil shordy." I say, she chuckled and sat back on the bed. I did the same.

"But since that shit happened between us a few months ago, it's been like..." I pause, trying to word everything correctly but I couldn't so I had to find a different way.

"Like, half of my heart is all yours, but the other half is cold. I'm sorry I made you feel like that. Really. I am. I'll do better, I swear I will."

She looked me over before leaning over and kissing my cheek. "I'll do better too" she said.