Chapter 12

Desiree

"Mommy, I miss Mani." Sierre said. He laid his head on my shoulder. "What happened? You never told me." he said.

"Me and Mani got into a disagreement." I said.

"But why did we have to leave?" he whined.

I sat up and looked at him. Since me and Mani stopped talking, I never really had the guts to look at Sierre because every time I did, I saw Mani. Every time I think about her, I get so mad and I end up saying shit like, "Cut that whining shit out. You're 10, why do you feel like it's necessary to cry all the time?" I snapped.

"Why are you always yelling at me for no reason?" he yelled before getting up from the couch and going into his room. He made sure he slammed the door.

Why does he have to have my attitude?

I got up from the couch and went after him. I opened the door to see him sitting there on his phone, probably texting Mani.

When he saw me, he sat up straight. "I'm sorry for yelling." he apologized.

I forced a smile, "It's okay. Mommy's sorry too." I kissed his forehead and looked around his room. He really does want to grow up and be like Mani. He has red bandanas hanging on his wall and his room is decorated in red.

"Have you ate?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "No, but Mani's coming to get me and she said she'll take me out to eat."

I forced a smile and nodded before kissing his forehead, "Okay, if you need me I'll be in my room."

I got in my room and closed the door. I had been listening to Beyoncé all day. It made me feel better about leaving Mani, but at the same time I was hurt.

I don't like being without my best friend for too long. I lowkey wanna call her, just so I can hear her voice. I can't do that tho. I have to stay strong. She fucked up, now I have to leave her.

I don't understand what I did to deserve this from her.. I waited 10 years for her to get out and this is how she repays me? Just wait until I find out what bitch is behind this, imma beat her ass.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on the door. I already know it's Mani and I don't feel like dealing with her.

"Sierre get the door." I yelled.

"I'm in the shower." he yelled back.

I sighed and got out of the bed. When I opened the door Mani was standing there with a blank facial expression. "Is Sierre ready?"

Damn I missed hearing her voice.

"He's still in the shower."

"Is it coo if I come in? It's hot out here."

I nodded and stepped aside.

She took a seat on the couch across from me, giving me a chance to actually look at her. She was wearing her usual Balmain jeans with a polo and timbs. Simple, but it looked good on Mani.

Her waves were on full display and I noticed she got her nose pierced. It looked good on her but of course I wasn't about to say it. She'd know I had been looking at her.

Mani looked down at her watch then at me.

"I know we not on talking terms right now.. But I need you to come to the funeral with me." she said.

I nodded, "I'll be there, just text me the time." I said.

Mani nodded and looked away. The silence was killing me. I wanted to talk to her so bad, but the words wouldn't come out. The fact that she's over there looking mean as fuck didn't help either.