Chapter 44

Desiree

I put my clip in the gun before pointing it at the ground and shooting a single shot. The sound the gun makes is off a little and it's not shooting right. I frowned, getting angry at the thought of never using my favorite gun again.

I could hear Mani laughing, but when I looked at her she stopped and cleared her throat. I narrowed my eyes at her before focusing my attention on the gun.

"Stop Desi. You gon fuck around an shoot yourself." Mani said before taking the pistol from me. She looked it over before putting it on the hood of my Ferrari and taking it apart.

I watched closely, thinking about telling her to stop, but she would only threaten to slap me.

I sighed and looked up at her, she was biting her lip, focusing on the gun. I laughed at how serious her face was, but stopped once I saw the deadly glare she was giving me.

10 minutes later, she gave me the gun back with a smile. "Now shoot it."

I pointed the gun at a tree and fired 3 shots. Everything seemed to be back on track.

"So what's the move for today?" I asked her.

Mani shrugged, "Let's go swimming."

"It's 40 degrees." I said.

"Are you telling me no?" she said.

"Nigga, you can get sick by yo damn self. I'm not fucking wit it." I said.

*

I looked up from my phone when I heard Mani call my name. She was looking at me with a blunt hanging from her lips.

"Come here baby." she says with a smile. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was up to something.

"No" I said.

Mani smacked her lips, "Man, stop being a pussy an bring yo cute ass over here. Damn" she said.

I got up from my chair and slowly approached the pool side.

She put the blunt down and rested her hands underneath her chin. "You look so beautiful in your lil robe." she tried to kiss me, but I moved.

"Girl come here, I won't do anything. I ju want a kiss."

She made a face that I couldn't resist and right when I leaned in to kiss her. She grabbed me and threw me in the water.

She was laughing hard as fuck, while I tried to catch my breath.

"It's not funny Mani." I said, on the verge of tears.

"You crying baby?" Mani asked while wrapping her arms around me. The only reason why I didn't hit her is because she's somewhat warm.

She looked at me before chuckling and telling me to hold on while she got out the pool. She pulled me out and gave me her shirt before sliding the glass door open and leading the way inside. As soon as we got inside I was hit with the cold breeze.

We took the elevator to the second floor because I didn't want to walk up the stairs and Mani claimed she didn't have the energy.

I could feel her staring at me, so I looked at her, but she looked away. We kept doing that until the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened. We both got off at the same time. She took her clothes off and got under the covers and I did the same.

We both stared up at the ceiling, not saying anything.

We weren't laying close to each other and I needed to because she's always so warm.