Chapter 13

Desiree

I woke up with a light buzz. Judging by the way I'm currently laying, I was kind of fucked up. I groaned and went downstairs where I could hear Mani and Sierre talking.

"Don't ever get married. Ever. Like never. Just have fun with whoever you want, whenever you want but be careful. There's a lot of diseases out here. We'll save that talk for when you get a little older."

I leaned against the doorway and watched her and Sierre converse.

"What did you learn?" she asked him.

"To never get married. But mom says that she wants me to be dedicated to one woman, forever." he said.

Mani shook her head, "Don't do that. I'm telling you bruh. Don't do it. Unless you for sure she's the one."

"How do I know she's the one?" Sierre asked.

"I can't explain it."

"How did you know mom was the one?" Sierre asked.

Mani stopped what she was doing and looked at him for a couple seconds before sitting down in the chair next to him. She still seemed to be in deep thought but then she smiled a little.

"All imma tell you is, don't look for the wrong qualities in a woman. Any bitch- I mean woman can be cute or have a nice body. Get a bitch-" Mani paused and inhaled. "Get a woman that actually has goals in life. Not no money hungry hoe, but make sure she ain't broke. Broke hoes bring too much drama. Believe me." she chuckled to herself.

"So basically what you mean is, don't marry a hoe?" Sierre asked.

I was getting tired of standing up, so I made my presence known and sat at the island with them.

Sierre smiled at me and Mani kissd my forehead.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked.

"I was just telling him not to get married." Mani shrugged.

I looked at Sierre, "Do you want to get married?"

He shook his head. "Mani said bitches- I mean hoes-"

I narrowed my eyes at him while Mani smiled. I gave her a look and watched her face grow serious.

"Women" she corrected him.

"Yeah women." he cleared his throat and took a deep breath. "Not all women are trustworthy. I'm not saying men are trustworthy either. When I grow up I'm not gon trust nobody. I can't be like these other niggas." Sierre said, sounding like Mani.

Mani dapped him up while smiling hard as fuck, "Most of these niggas broke anyway. You can do or be anything you want, you got the money to do it. But what I'm telling you is not to worry about no bitch- hoe- I mean woman. Ya dig what I'm sayin?"

I'll never understand why it's so hard for Mani to stop calling women out their name. But I've grown accustomed to it.

"I dig it" Sierre said with a smile.

"Coo, eat your food. We got shit to do today." Mani stood up as Sierre began eating his food. Mani turned around and signaled for me to come to her, so I did.

"Yes daddy?"

"I'm about to take Sierre to get some Jordan's and possibly a new dirt bike. You have to go meet up with Ciara."

"Ion like her." I said.

Mani shrugged, "Ion give a fuck. You gon talk to her."

I chewed the inside of my cheek, liking the tone she just used.