Part 2, Chapter 1

2 months later
Desiree

I took in my surroundings before putting the silencer on my glock and taking another pull from my blunt. The man that owed Ray money was standing in front of the liquor store. Every now and then he would make a sell, but I could tell business for him was slow.

I slowly approached him. He continued to count his money as if he didn't see me in front of him. I frowned before pistol whipping him. "You owe my brother 250 thousand dollars, where the fuck is it?" I said through gritted teeth.

"Fuck you," he spat.

Ray told me to kill him if he didn't have it and from the looks of it, he doesn't have it. I didn't give a fuck if it was broad daylight, that didn't stop me from shooting him in his head. I walked away and got back in my Jeep.

I had to go and get Sierre from school in about a hour or so and I needed to go home and shower. I picked up the duffle bag full of money from Ray on my way home.

I unlocked the door and pushed the door open before closing it with my foot and going upstairs and turning the shower on. I went into my closet and decided I'd keep it simple with a white Maxi dress that complimented all my curves and some Red Bottom heels. I chewed the inside of my cheek while I debated on if I wanted to wear silver or gold accessories.

I stripped from my clothing and got in the shower. The steam from the shower had the whole bathroom foggy.

When I got out the shower I brushed my teeth and got dressed before going back into the bathroom to do my make-up and hair.

I puckered my lips up, checking to see if I had enough lipstick on before smiling and blowing myself a kiss. I began to put everything away. I went into the room and grabbed my clutch purse, and my heels.

*

"Hey baby, how was your day?" I smiled at Sierre.

He had that same intimidating look Mani used to always have. I frowned before running my fingers through his curls. "What's wrong? Is somebody fucking with you?"

He shook his head, "It's nothing mama. I don't need you worrying about me." he snapped.

I rolled my eyes and pulled out of the parking lot. As I drove I'd occasionally look at him to see he had his jaw clenched.

"Just tell me what's bothering you boy." I said, still paying attention to the road.

"I don't like my school. When I get older I'm not going back. I'm gonna get rich and run a drug business, just like you."

I sighed and looked over at him. He seemed so sure about it. I didn't want to talk about it right now.

"How's Alhaja?" I asked,

He shrugged, "She still isn't talking to me."

I kissed his cheek and smiled, "You should smile more Sierre. It makes me happy."

He looked over at me with a big smile, "Anything to make you happy mama."

*

Armani

I looked down at the contract in front of me before eyeing my Italian friend. He seemed genuine about this deal but I wasn't interested in doing business with him if my brothers weren't eating with me.

I slid the paper back to him and gave him a look of annoyance, "How many times do I have to tell you, you need to up the percentage before I sign anything." I stated.

"I like you, a lot. I would up the percentage but this is how my father left it. I'm not changing anything, and if you can't accept that then I'll find somebody who will." he shrugged.

"Nigga, get the fuck out my face before I have to shoot you." I said.

He chuckled, "You know me Mani, I don't respond well to threats."

"And you should know that I don't give a single fuck."

"I don't like who you've become." he said.

Before I could say anything else, Ray pulled me out of the chair and outside.

"Mani what the fuck is wrong with you? Your stupid ass anger problems have gotten us nowhere. You've changed Mani, and not for the better."

I have changed, and not in a good way. I haven't been drinking, and I haven't been around any females. I stopped taking my medicine again, and people don't like when I say what I'm feeling but I'm not about to hold my tongue to spare people's feelings.

"It's getting late. I think imma just go get Sierre and chill. I'll call you tomorrow."

I got in my Rolls Royce and drove the short distance to Desiree's place. I almost walked in, but instead I rang the doorbell.

Desiree stood in front of me, wearing some spandex shorts and a sports bra. Her body glistened with sweat, I could tell she had been exercising. I could see that she had abs coming in.

I thought she would be over what I did, but she still doesn't speak to me anymore. She acts like we never knew each other and it fucks with my head.

"Are you going to come in or just stand there?" she snapped.

People are talking about me changing, when Desiree is the one that changed. Her attitude got worse, most call her a brat or a bitch and say it's unattractive, but I think it's super sexy.

"What you been up to?" I asked her,

"Why do you always come in here trying to talk to me? I don't fuck with you, and you know it, so stop trying." she said.

Even if I was trying to get back with her, that would've just shot down my ego.

"I'm just trynna see if you coo, damn."

"Shut the fuck up."

I went to say something, but stopped once Sierre walked in. I hugged him tightly and kissed his forehead.

"Come on, the game starts in a hour." I said.

He hugged Desiree and they exchanged I love you's.

"Be careful with my son Armani." she warned.

"I will." I mumbled.

She followed behind me as I walked out the door. "Don't have another bitch around him or I'll kill you." she stated in a stern voice.

"You don't have to worry about that. I've changed."

She laughed like it was the funniest shit ever. "Whatever Armani, get the fuck off my doorstep."

I chuckled lowly so she couldn't hear me before doing as she said. Desiree had changed a lot, and it was all my fault.