Chapter 26

Desiree

"What the fuck am I suppose to do with this?" Mani questioned in a bored tone.

"Hold it for me" I said.

She mumbled something, making me raise a eyebrow. "What?"

"I didn't say anything" she snapped.

I narrowed my eyes at her before nodding. I'm not about to argue with her while we're in public.

"Can I have a refill on these ones" I said, pointing to the sheet of paper that had Sierre's medication on there. "Do you need a refill too?" I asked Mani.

"I haven't took my medicine in months." she said.

She hasn't been mad lately, maybe a little vulnerable, but other than that, she's coo which is very surprising.

"I'll be right back" the woman said. I turned my attention away from her and looked at Mani.

"I want to leave" she said.

"We're about to" I said.

She looked at her watch, "When? I just told you I have to talk to Ray about some business an you taking your sweet fucking time wit this shit" she snapped.

"I'm getting your son some medicine, you should want me to do that."

"He's only taking this shit until he turns 15, then I'm making him off of it." she said.

"Fine" I said.

"Here you are." the woman gave me Sierre's medicine before smiling. "Thank you" I returned the smile before taking my purse from Mani and leading the way to the car.

"You want to drive?" I asked Mani.

"I guess" she mumbled while opening the passenger door for me. I put my purse on the backseat before sitting back.

While we were driving, Mani decided to run 4 red lights and when somebody beeped the horn at us, she pulled over and threatened to kill them.

Mani got back in the car after her heated argument with some man. "I should've just offed him right there."

"You're wasting your time. Don't you have somewhere to be?" I said.

"We only around the corner." she said.

*

"Why is there so many niggas here? Fuck is going on" Mani mumbled before cutting the engine and looking over at what I had on.

"You staying in here" she said.

"No I'm not. It's too hot for that" I said.

"You barely have on clothes. I doubt you as hot as you claim to be" she said.

"I'm not a child Mani."

"Fine," she got out an I did the same.

I ignored the looks I was getting from people around me and continued to walk beside Mani. Mani held the door open for me and told me to go to the very top floor. I felt better with her behind me.

Once we got to the top, Mani started patting her pockets. She threw her head back and cursed.

"What's wrong?"

"I left my phone in the car"

The door swung open and Ray stood there, breathing heavy as a random hoe scurried out. "Can you get my phone for me? Please?" Mani asked,

I nodded, "Gimme the keys"

She did as I said before kissing my lips and following Ray inside the room.