Chapter 9

Desiree

When we went out to the nice dinner, Mani acted as if her cousin wasn't just gunned down. She acted like it never happened. She was telling me so many stories about him. All she would talk about was him.

It wasn't until we got home when Mani started getting emotional. She had tried to call him many times, after the 5th time I had to take her phone.

Mani didn't want to believe what I told her. In her mind, Marcus is alive and well.

"He's probably busy." she mumbles while picking up the remote to the tv. I hated to be the one that has to break the bad news to her, but if I don't then who else will? I'm the realist one on her team, therefore, I should be the one to tell her shit like this.

It is a little risky tho, cause I'm not trynna deal with her bad ass attitude.

"Mani... He's dead baby."

Mani looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, "Dead?" she scoffed. "Desiree I'm telling you, I was just with him. That nigga coo, if anything he's probably out with a bitch." she shrugged.

"I need you to understand that he's dead Mani. Why is that so hard to believe?"

"Because I was just with him. Did you not just hear me when I said that?" she snapped.

"You're not listening."

"No, you're not listening."

I sighed and placed my hands on both sides of her face. I looked her directly in her eyes before saying, "He was gunned down in front of his house baby. Ray told me to tell you. I'm so sorry, I really am."

Mani pushed my hands away from her face and stood up. She put her hands on her head before taking a deep breath. "I don't believe you." she said.

"I wouldn't lie to you about something like this Mani."

She didn't say anything, she just continued to stare out the window. "Let me call him again, he'll answer this time." Mani said.

"Mani, he's gone."

A single tear escaped her eyes, "Stop saying that."

"It's true Mani."

She shook her head, "Just give me my fucking phone so I can call him,"

I didn't want to, but I did anyways.

I sat there, watching Mani's facial expressions. Her eyes were red and I just knew she was about to cry.

But, she wiped the tears away before they could fall. "I need my gun."

I shook my head, "No Mani, you just got out, I don't want you to go back."

"I got some shit I need to take care of, stop making this difficult an just give me the goddamn gun." Mani said.

Once I said no, Mani took it upon herself to go upstairs and get a new one. "Please don't do anything stupid Mani. I can't lose you again."

While I talked she was changing her clothes. Once she finished with that she leaned forward and kissed my forehead, "I love you." she said before brushing past me.

Knowing Mani, she's about to go and kill somebody or have sex with somebody else. She always does it.

*

Armani

"Tell me what you know?" I tightened my grip around Jordan's neck.

Tears streamed down her face, all it did was piss me off even more. I released my hand from her neck, "If you don't tell me what I wanna hear, I'll kill you right here." I threatened.