Chapter 8

Armani

I'm constantly around Jordan, all day every day. I was currently seated on her couch, waiting for her to come out. Every time I come over, she always seems to take hours to get dressed. I don't know why she be trynna impress me, the shit don't be working.

I mean, she's cute an everything but that's not a reason to fuck her. If Desiree found out I cheated on her again, she would leave me. I'm almost sure. Desiree waited 10 years for me to get out. She proved to me how down she is, for that, I'm forever grateful.

"What do you think daddy?" Jordan asked.

I looked up at what she had on. She chose to dress like a fem again today. Jordan's cute, an her body is amazing. She just doesn't know what she be doing to me when she dresses like this.

I must've been staring hard cause she said, "Like what you see?"

I said nothing in return, I simply continued to stare at her. Then my phone started ringing, I wasted no time in picking it up.

"Yo." I said.

"I miss you daddy." Desiree said. I knew she was pouting.

I stood up and gave Jordan one last look before shaking my head and going outside. "I miss you too." I said.

"Really?" I could hear the excitement in her voice.

I smiled, "Yeah, really baby."

"I have a surprise for you." she said.

"You know I don't fuck with those."

"You gon fuck with this one. Just get here around 7 okay?"

I looked down at my watch to see it's only 3. "Can I come back earlier than that?"

"Sure, do whatever makes you happy baby."

I laughed, "Mani your laugh is so sexy," Desiree said.

"I was looking through your Instagram. You just one sexy ass nigga, like, you can definitely get it anytime you want boo."

"Girl stop playing with me,"

"I'm not playing no games daddy. I'm very serious."

"You got me ready to come back right now."

"Like I said, do whatever makes you happy daddy."

I really want to leave, but there's money to be made. Nah, fuck this money. I'm bout to go home and chill with my wife.

"I'm on my way right now."

"Good. Don't keep me waiting long." she blew a kiss into the phone then hung up.

When I turned around Jordan was standing there, she looked sad a little. "You're leaving me?"

"Yeah, but we can do this shit another time, ight?"

She still looked sad, but reluctantly nodded.

"Be safe tho, ight?"

She nodded.

*

Due to all the traffic, I got home around 5. I'm mad tired now, but soon as I walked through the door Desiree made up for that.

She was in the bathroom in a fitted Tom Ford dress. It looked as if it had been painted on.

I crept behind her and wrapped my arms around her lower waist then kissed her cheek. "You look beautiful."

She blushed and continued to do her makeup. "Go and get dressed, okay?" she said.

I nodded and started the shower before removing all my clothes and getting in. Once I got out, I brushed my teeth and went into the room.

Desiree had my clothes sitting on the edge of the bed. She was nowhere in sight tho. I got dressed in the Armani suit and added my accessories.

I did my hair, grabbed my phone and went downstairs. Desiree was sitting on the couch, staring at her phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked her,

She looked at me and smiled, then she stood up and approached me. "You just love showing everybody my chest don't you?" she says with a chuckle.

I would've laughed too, but something's wrong with her. I grabbed her hands and searched her eyes. As if she couldn't hold it in anymore, she started crying. She buried her face in my chest while I rubbed her back, trying to think of what could possibly be wrong.

She was just coo 5 minutes ago, now she's crying her heart out.

I waited until her cries stopped to wipe her eyes, I was strongly debating on if I should ask her what happened. I know it'll make her cry again, an I don't want to see her cry. But I have to know what's wrong with her.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I spoke in the sofest tone my voice would allow.

She looked down at the floor, and I lifted her chin up. "I don't want to tell you."

"Desiree baby, it's me, you can tell me anything."

"Give me your gun." she said. I gave her a confused look, but I still did it. She put it in her purse and sat her purse down on the couch.

"It's Marcus, he got gunned down in front of his house." Desiree said.

Even though I know she's talking about my cousin Marcus, a part of me didn't want to believe it.

"I was just with him the other day."

I've never lost somebody that was this close to me before, so this pain is unfamiliar. Me and mother didn't have the greatest relationship and I hated my father. Danny and I only speak when we see each other which is very rare. But Marcus and I, we stayed together.

Me, him, Ray, and Khylan. We're always together. He's the only family I have left aside from Danny. Yeah, he's my cousin, but at the same time he was my brother.

"Baby, he's dead." Desiree said.

I was trying my hardest not to cry but it wasn't working. I sunk down on the floor with my back against the wall. Desiree did the same.

"Mani, I'm here if you need me, I'll never leave your side, okay?"

I nodded and laid my head on her shoulder.

"I love you Mani."

I needed to hear those words from her, they mean everything coming from Desiree.

"I love you too." I said.

Desiree smiled and wiped my tears away, then she stood up and grabbed my hand. "We don't have to go out if you don't want to."

She managed to pull me up, "Nah, you planned this. We're gonna go,"

"Are you sure?" she asked me,

"Yeah, I'm sure." I said.

She smiled again, which made me smile. Then she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my lips. "We don't have to go if you don't want to."

"I want to." I said, "Are you driving?" I asked her.

"Yeah." she said.

I closed and locked the door as we exited our home. I opened the car door for her, "Then get yo fine ass in the car."

She smiled, "Say please."

"Please, get yo fine ass in the car." I say while grinning.

She kissed me again, "Only cause you said please."