Chapter 37

Desiree

I lay in the fetal position in the middle of me and Mani's king size bed. The mansion had finished getting re-modeled and I needed to get away from Mani but I knew it was only a matter of time before she shows up. I cuddled into the pillow next to me and took a deep breath. I could feel myself falling apart and I didn't like it.

I feel like I'm going into a depression. All this anger I have built up will eventually come out and I didn't want my son to witness it which is why I told him he had to stay in Cuba for just a little while longer.

I was strongly contemplating on going to see a therapist, but I've been having a hard time trusting people. All these insecurities came out of nowhere and it's making me mad.

I have so much hate for Mani right now, but at the same time I love her so much. I don't want to keep getting disrespected, I couldn't tolerate it anymore. I'm at my breaking point and if Mani says one more disrespectful thing to me then I'll kill her.

She's so naive, knowing that every time I leave her I'm going to come right back. I had to prove her wrong this time and if she wants to chase every bitch in Brooklyn, then so be it. I'll just divorce her and move on with my life.

Glancing at my phone, I saw I had a text from a unknown number telling me to watch my back. I hate being told what to do and it pissed me off even more that I didn't know who this could be.

Ro has beef with Mani, and if Ro still feels some type of way about what I said then she can come and say whatever she has to say to me in person, not through no text. I wonder if this is one of the bitches Mani has been messing with.

I sighed and angrily threw my phone at the wall, before burying my face in the pillow. I don't want to cry any more, I need something else to numb this pain.

I got up from the bed and moped to the kitchen, grabbing a knife I took time to think about everything going on in my life. If I did die, I had millions put up for Sierre so I know he would be okay. But this pain I felt was unbearable and a weight on my shoulder.

I looked down at my wrist then at the knife before taking a deep breath, just as I was about to cut into my skin, I heard Mani's voice. But when I looked around she wasn't here.

I sighed before running the blade across my wrist. I watched the blood ooze out and leaned on the counter for support as I felt to get light headed.

If I did die, it's not like anybody would care. Not even Mani.

*

Armani

"Imma give you one chance to tell me who Desiree is before I kill you." Moriah threatened while holding a knife to my throat.

"She's my wife." I said, quietly.

She took a step back and looked at me with hurt in her eyes. I didn't know she was gon turn out to be crazy.

"You were married the whole time?" she slapped me across my face. I didn't hit her back because I deserved it. I shouldn't of fed her all those lies and told her I loved her. She's young and dumb so of course she was going to believe me.

"I'm sorry Moriah, for everything. I shouldn't of lied to you." I said.

I watched tears form in her eyes before she finally broke down. She was screaming about how much she hated me. It seems like everybody hates me now and I have no control over it. She's gonna resent me forever, like Desiree resents me.

Even though Desiree never told me she resents me, I know she does. I hate that it was me that made her feel that way. Ms. Tracy was right, I don't deserve her but I do love her.

When Moriah threatened to kill me, I had to go or I'd kill her first.

*

The company that repaired the mansion told me it was finished and I knew Desiree was already there. So that's where I went. I needed to talk to her.

I got inside and the vibe was off, I jogged up the stairs and saw Desiree's phone on the floor. I picked it up to see that it was cracked badly. I tossed it onto the bed and checked every other room. She wasn't there, so I went downstairs to get something to drink.

Desiree was sitting at the island with her head resting on the table. I noticed blood dripping from her wrist, so I rushed over to her.

"Desiree, what happened?"

My eyes lingered over to the bloody knife sitting next to her and I sighed. She tried to kill herself because of me.

I lifted her out of the seat and carried her up the stairs bridal style. I sat her on the bed.

"Don't fucking touch me Mani. Why are you even here? You don't love me and you made it clear that you don't want to be with me. I hate you so much." she cried. "I trusted you with everything in me and looked where it got me. Just leave me alone before I fuck around and kill you accidentally on purpose."

Deciding not to say anything, I went into the bathroom and got the first aid kit before tending to the cut on her arm.

I wrapped it up with a ace bandage and kissed it before looking up into her eyes.

I love her the most aside from Sierre. She doesn't know what it's like to have nobody, and I do. I had to work for everything I have today, I'm not saying she didn't, but she was born into wealth. She had parents that loved and cared about her and a brother who would do anything for her.

My father was a rapist and my mother was a junkie. Me and Danny didn't talk a lot because we had different mothers and she killed someone close to me so I cut her off quick. Love wasn't something I was accustomed to, but then I met Desiree.

She showed me a lot of shit, and changed my perspective on a lot. I'm not proud of all the shit I did to her, it makes me hate myself. I'm trying to change but it's hard.

I never wanted to hurt Desiree, I promised myself I wouldn't hurt her anymore but I fucked it up. I always fuck up, I'm nothing but a fuck up and Desiree doesn't need me.

So when she wakes up, I'll be out of her life like she wants.

Starting Part 2 soon.