Chapter 52

Desiree

I sat there, watching my lawyer look over a bunch of papers. I'm patiently waiting for her to tell me what they're charging me with, but she has yet to do that.

She gave me a sympathetic look before sighing. "It's not looking very good." she said.

"Can you specify what that means?" I asked.

"You're being charged with second degree murder. That's 15 years to life and looking at the case, I'm not so sure I can defend you." she admitted and I sighed.

"I didn't do this shit tho. Why don't you believe me?"

"It's hard to do that when you already have a criminal record. The fact that you surround yourself with gang bangers doesn't help. Hell, you're married to one of the biggest bloods in Brooklyn."

She was right about everything she said but still doesn't change the fact that I didn't do this shit. Yeah, I've killed numerous people, but none of which have been police officers. "I don't have a criminal record." I said.

"Yes you do." she slid the paper across the metal table and I looked it over before laughing, remembering the time I shot Mani. She made a face, as if asking what was so funny.

"I remember this." I said before sliding the paper back.

"And this is funny, why?"

"It's nothing. You had to be there to understand." I said while pushing back tears.

She laughed it off before gathering up all her papers and putting them in her brief case. She scooted back in her chair, making a loud screeching noise in the process.

"I just want to inform you that even though this isn't looking good I will do everything in my power to make sure you're a free woman." she smiled small before touching my hand and leaving.

I sat back in the seat, patiently waiting for one of these fuck niggas to escort me back to my cell.

I really miss Sierre and Mani so much. I could cry at the thought but I won't because there isn't very much privacy here. If one of these bitches see me cry, they would take that for a weakness and I'm not to be fucked with.

The door opened and I heard voices from behind me. I kept my eyes fixed on the metal table, not bothering to look up.

"Why you look so mean?" Mani asked and I instantly jumped up and hugged her. Mani smiled and held me close to her. I pecked her lips multiple times and pulled back, smiling like a dummy.

"I really missed you." I said before sitting down.

"I missed you too baby." she smiled before kissing me again.

"Where's Sierre?" I asked, "You didn't bring him did you?"

She sat across from me, "Nah. He in school. I gotta tell you something tho." she said.

"Wassup?"

"Ro called me last night talking mad shit. She threatened me and Sierre. So you know I gotta kill her but on some real shit, I know she had something to do with this." she explained.

"What did you say?"  I asked.

"I basically told her to get off my phone wit that nonsense. I'm waiting for Milo to hit me back with her location so I can go murk her real quick." she said while smiling.

She was wearing a hockey jersey with fitted jeans and timbs. On her head, was a black Nike cap and her accessories were gold. She even changed her nose ring.