Chapter 22

Desiree

I ran my hands through my curly hair and let out a long sigh before shoving the key in the ignition.

I don't want to do this without Mani's consent though. I'd feel like I was cheating on her.

I sighed and got out the car before going into the mansion. I quietly closed the door and slowly walked up the staircase. I turned the corner and walked all the way down the hallway that leads to our room.

Mani was sprawled out, laying on her stomach. She didn't have a shirt on, so all her tattoos were visible. I approached the bedside and sat down, still staring at her. That is, until she opened her eyes, scaring me to death.

"You scared me." I say while breathing heavy.

"I thought you was about to try an kill me again." she sat up and looked at me before rubbing her eyes. "Where the fuck you going anyway?"

"I need to ask you something." I said.

"Wassup?"

"Should I kill Tammy?"

"I don't like the bitch. And after that shit she pulled last night, we can't trust her." Mani said. "So yeah, kill her."

"Come with me." I said.

She smacked her lips, "You not scared are you?"

"No, I just want you to come with me."

Mani got up and put a shirt on followed by some sweatpants and Jordan's. "Hold on."

She went into our personal bathroom and brushed her teeth before stopping by the closet and putting a jacket on.

"Ready?"

I nodded and led the way out the house.

*

"You got everything planned out right?" Mani asked.

I was sitting there smoking a blunt while putting my silencer on the glock. I inhaled the smoke and blew it out my nose.

"I was just gon go in there and kill the bitch." I said.

"Aight, well when you finish with that, I'll be here waiting for you." Mani leaned over and pecked my lips then unlocked the doors. "Don't do nothing I wouldn't do." she said.

I nodded and made my way towards the porch. It was 3 in the morning, so it was still dark out. I went through the back door, knowing it was unlocked.

Once I got in, I looked around the house to see if anyone was here. I didn't see anyone, so I headed to her room where she was sleeping with her back to me.

I fired a single shot in her head before turning on my heels to leave until I heard, "You ready for round 2?"

I hid behind the door, patiently waiting for whoever it was to reveal themselves. It was non othered than Ro. I didn't even know they were still messing around. When Mani said she fucked 5 other people, it wasn't a exaggeration, she really did that. Even after I found out about it, I didn't switch up on her. Shit, I encouraged her to keep hoeing.

"Baby?" Ro flicked the light switch on and approached where Tammy's dead body laid. Ro sat on the edge of the bed and held Tammy's upper body while she cried.

15 minutes had passed and Ro finally stopped crying and went back into the bathroom. I took that as an opportunity to escape.

Once I got back out the car Mani was sleep. I tapped her thigh, "Mani, go."

She woke up and started the car then sped off.

"Ro was there." I said.

"Did you kill her?"

"No."

"I'll have to do it."

I nodded before reclining the seat back, and closing my eyes.

*

"You want something from here?" I asked Mani, while pointing at the Waffle House.

"No." she said.

I got out the car and made my way inside. I ordered both me and Sierre something along with Mani. She'll be hungry later.

I got in the car to find Mani sleep again. "You want me to drive?" I asked, waking her up. She rubbed her eyes, "Nah, it's coo. I got it."

The rest of the ride home, I kept having to wake Mani up. She kept falling asleep at every red light.

Mani unlocked the doors and went inside the house.

When I got inside, I put Mani and Sierre's food up then went upstairs. I turned the tv on and began eating. Mani turned the lights off and sat on the edge of the bed.

"So I'm supposed to eat in the dark?" I said.

"Yeah nigga. I'm sleepy."

"I don't give a fuck, nigga. Do I turn the lights off when you eating?"

"No."

"Aight then. Get the fuck up and turn them shits back on."

To my surprise, she actually got up, but then she sat back down.

"Hell nah nigga. You not bout to talk to me like I'm the bitch in this relationship."

I put the tray of food down on the nightstand, "You got me fucked up Mani."

"Shut the fuck up Desiree." she stood up and turned the lights on. "There. Eat your punk ass food, then when you finish turn the fucking lights off."

"Stop cussing at me."

"Stop being a lil bitch. Always fucking whining about something."

"You got one more time to call me a bitch."

Mani smirked, "What's gon happen?"

"You'll see."

She looked like she was in deep thought. But then, she looked at me and smiled, "Bitch"

Right after she said that, Mani took off down the stairs. I wasn't prepared to run, but I still went after her.

I got down there and she was drinking a Gatorade. When she saw me she put it down on the counter. The island was the only thing separating us. She threw something at me, catching me off guard then ran back upstairs. Mani's tall ass is fast as hell.

She had to have been skipping stairs, cause it took me a lil minute to get up there.

"Mani, stop being a bitch."

"You the only one being a bitch. Chasing me an shit. Fuck wrong with you?"

"Cause yo punk ass ran."

"Only cause you started chasing me."

"You started running before that." I said.

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did."

Mani laughed, "You know what I think?"

"What?"

"You're mad cause I'm faster than you."

"You not faster than me."

"Yes I am."

"What you wanna race nigga?"

She shook her head, "Later, I'm sleepy." she laid down on the bed and signaled for me to do the same. I laid down on my side, and Mani was over on hers.

"You're still a pussy." I mumbled.

"You're still a bitch."

"I love you."

"I love you more."