Chapter 61

Armani

My fist pressed into my cheek as I watched Desiree maneuver around the kitchen. A variety of illegal guns were sitting out on the black granite counter and my personal favorite Ak47 was sitting in front of me on the table.

Desiree pulled herself up onto the counter as she held a silver beretta pistol in her hand, eyeing the gun carefully with squinted eyes. Feeling my gaze on her, she eventually looked my way.

Even still I kept my eyes on her trying to read her. She hadn't said a word all day but I could tell just by looking at her that she had something on her mind.

"Wassup?" I asked, taking my hand away from my face and placing it on the table top.

She shrugged her shoulders still not saying anything and I sighed dramatically as I got up from the chair and approached her. I carefully took the gun from her and set it aside never taking my eyes off her. Placing my hands on her thighs I slightly bent down to look in her eyes.

"I know something's wrong, so you might as well go ahead and tell me what's on your mind, baby." I said placing my hand under her chin to get her to look up at me.

"After we do this, I'm done for good." She said.

I wasn't even shocked at her words. More so disappointed, but as I stood there and actually processed what she was saying I began to understand why she was giving this life up.

"Tell me that you're done too." She said quietly as I took a step back and sucked in my bottom lip while shaking my head.

"Desi, I can't-- I want to, but it's jus--" I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a frustrating sigh. Desiree got down from the counter and stood in front of me.

"This is all you've ever known. I get that, but if we don't stop now I worry that we won't be around to see Sierre grow up." She said and I looked down at the floor basking in my thoughts until she cupped my face and looked deeply into my eyes.

Whenever she did that it made me feel like she wasn't just looking at me, but looking through me. She was the only person that ever looked at me and actually saw me; past all my fuck ups and flaws. And for that, she would forever have my love and respect.

Instead of saying anything I pulled her small frame into mine and rested my forehead on her shoulder. "If you done, then I am too." I mumbled, kissing the side of her neck as my hands rested on her waist.

And this time I really meant it because deep down I knew that if I kept going with this shit I was going to get gunned down by some lil nigga trynna get respect, or locked up for the rest of my life.

She was right tho. This is all that I've ever known. The streets practically raised me, but it was getting out of hand at this point and it wasn't like I needed the money because me, my wife, and son would be straight forever. It was just the rush I got from taking someone's life that kept me going. Or that feeling I got just from holding a gun.

Still, it wasn't worth losing my family and I was glad I have a wife real enough to point that out to me.

**

I pulled up outside of Milo's penthouse and cut the engine before looking over at Desiree as she stuffed her pistol into the pocket of her hoodie.

"Honestly, I feel like you and Milo can talk this out but if you want to kill him then I'm wit it." Desiree shrugged, turning to look at me.

"It may not come to that, but if it does then it is what it is." I said nonchalantly as we both got out of my Bentley and casually approached the door.