Chapter 38

Desiree

"Why can't y'all jus kiss and make up?" Ray asked in an annoyed tone.

"It's not that simple." I mumbled.

Busta rolled her eyes and sighed, "Talk to your daughter" she said to Mom.

With that being said, Busta and Ray left. I sighed and looked over at Mom.

"What happened now?" she asked.

"It's my fault Mom. She was trying to make shit right, but I was being a bitch. She signed the divorce paper, an ion know if I should or not." I said.

I laid my head on Mom's shoulder. "She told me not to talk to her anymore."

"Busta used to say that to me all the time. Jus talk to her."

"What am I gonna say? She's really not fucking with me right now."

Mom shrugged, "Say what you feel, an mean it"

"But it's not that easy" I whined.

"Baby, come here" Mom called.

It wasn't long before Busta came back. "Yes?" she said.

"You should talk to her." Mom said.

"I don't know what to tell her" Busta said.

They went back and forth, talking about me like I wasn't sitting there. I cleared my throat and sat up straight. Busta sat on the other side of me before scratching her forehead.

"I used to be good at this shit." she said, more to herself than me. "All I can tell you, is to jus be honest. Not jus to Mani, but be real with yourself too. Aight?"

*

"I don't want to talk to you" Mani said.

"I don't want shit to end like this" I said.

"I didn't either, but it is what it is." she shrugged.

"I do miss you, Mani. I miss you a lot." I said.

I could feel Mani staring at me, waiting for me to continue, but I didn't know what to say. I'm not good at shit like this.

"That's all you have to say?" she said, dryly.

"No, I jus didn't think this shit through before I got here." I mumbled.

"You should've" she says before turning around and going back into her loft.

"I guess so" I mumbled.

*

I had just took my third shot of the night. It wasn't making me feel any better, it was only making me angrier.

"She's so fucking stubborn" I say to myself before giving the bartender a crisp 50 dollar bill.

*

"You came back" Mani said, clearly annoyed.

"Because I'm serious about this Mani." I said.

Mani studied my facial expression before smirking, "You're drunk aren't you?"

"Not yet" I said. I push past her and go inside her loft. It smelled like weed and some kind of fruit. "Are you cooking?" I asked.

"Nah, but I can if you want me to" she says.

"Please?"

Mani looks me over one more time before disappearing down the hall.

I sat back on the comfortable couch and took in how nice it is in here. Every time we break up, she always gets a nice ass place and doesn't even invite me over.