Chapter 14

Armani

"Nah nigga. This a lifestyle. I been doing this shit since I was a shordy. Ain't no going back."

I tuned the niggas that were next to me talking out and leaned against the building.

I looked down at my iced out rolex watch. I admired the way the diamonds shined for a couple minutes. Hearing somebody clear their throat made me look up.

A group of girls that couldn't be any older than 20 stood in front of me.

"Fuck is you standing so close to me for?" I snapped at the girl that was closer to me.

"I think you're cute. You should come to my party later tonight." she smiled.

I don't understand why bitches always have to approach me when I'm chilling. I'm trying to change for Desiree, but these hoes keep trynna talk to me an shit.

"I'm grown shordy. What I look like hanging around a bunch of high school bitches?" I said, still looking down at my rolex.

"I can show you a good time." she said. I looked up at her and shook my head before turning to look at the young niggas I was posted with. "Be safe out here fam" I said before walking away.

*

"Preciate this." I smiled small at Niya and took the plate of food from her. She returned the smile and sat down on the couch across from me. I could feel her staring at me, but I was too hungry to even look up from my plate.

Once I finished, I put the plate on the table in front of me.

We made small talk all until Busta came back from where ever she was. I slouched back on the couch, trying my hardest to ignore all the inappropriate shit Busta was saying to Niya.

Over time, I realized Desiree isn't like Niya. Desiree is more like Busta. They're both crazy, and fighters. Desiree is always fighting somebody. She thinks fighting is the answer for everything. Desiree drinks lean and smokes more than any other person I know.

She doesn't give a fuck about anything, just like Busta and has a strong hate for the police. Round here everybody hates the police, so I guess it's normal.

Niya is the type you have to make love to, meanwhile her daughter and I choose not to make love. Unless I feel like it, then I'd do it but othered than that, it's just sex. Not that I don't think Desiree isn't worth it, because I do. I'm just not the type for all that shit.

*

"Nigga roll the dice." Milo said.

I smacked my lips and continued to shake them in my hand. "This shit take time" I mumbled before tossing the dice onto the ground.  

I smiled and picked up the stack of hundreds once I saw my number was bigger than his. "Double or nothing?" he said while digging in his pocket for more money.

I did the same, dropping 5 stacks on the floor before picking up the double cup full of lean. After I left from Busta and Niya's, I decided to have a small get together but you know how that goes. More people showed up, and I specially said no bitches allowed. I just wanted to chill with my niggas.

Naked bitches are everywhere but I'm not trippin, as long as they're not talking to me. I couldn't allow everybody to go inside though, so we out by the pool.

I took another swallow of the lean and put the cup down before looking at Milo. He was smirking at something, I was curious as to what it was so I looked where he was looking to see that Desiree was approaching me.

She seemed angry and I expected her to be. I stood up with the cup of lean in my hand.

She looked like she had been crying. "What's wrong?" I asked her. She shook her head and took the cup of lean from me.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

She was too engrossed in the lean to answer me. I took her hand and slid the glass door to our mansion open and pulled her inside.

"You sure you coo?" I asked.

"I just told you I was fine. Damn" she snapped.

"Why you raising your voice? I'm jus trynna make sure you good."

"Because you're getting fucking irritating."

"Yo attitude is fucking irritating."

"Fuck you Mani. Leave me the fuck alone." she attempted to walk away but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"You mad, it's my job to figure out what's bothering you so tell me what's going on."

She snatched out of my grip, "I'm good Mani."

I let her go and watched her go back outside, probably to shoot dice with the niggas cause she don't like hanging around bitches.

"She always got a fucking attitude man" I mumbled before going back outside.

*

Time had passed, but the party was still going on. I was shooting dice with Desiree, Ray, and Milo. The game was getting intense cause there was 40 thou on the line. Desiree wanted to double it, but I'm not sure cause she's good at this. I hate losing money, it makes me mad.

"You gon double up or what nigga?" Milo asked.

"Don't pussy out" Desiree mumbled.

I looked at the stack of cash sitting next to me and picked up another 5 stacks.

"Ion know why you rushing me, like I'm not about to win." I mumbled.

Desiree rolled the dice with a smile which let me know she rolled a bigger number than I did.

"Fuck" I whined.

"Are you cryin bruh?"

I quickly wiped my eyes, "Nah."

"Triple it" I said.

"Nah" Desiree said.

"What you scared or sum?" I say while tossing the stacks of cash in the pile.

"What do I have to be scared of nigga?" Desiree angrily threw her money in the pile and it made me mad. "Fuck is you throwing shit for?"

"Cause you're getting on my fucking nerves."

"Fuck you" I spat.

She stood up and approached me, "Nah, fuck you Mani."

She walked away before I could say anything else.

"You jus gon let her talk to you like that?" Milo instigated.

"Shut the fuck up before I shoot you." I threatened. He threw his hands up in surrender. I turned to look at Ray. "Make sure everybody leaves. I'm not in a mood for all this shit anymore."

I went into the mansion to find Desiree. When I did, she was in the kitchen playing with knives.

"Yo, what the fuck is yo problem?"

"Get the fuck away from me Mani. I'll really stab yo ass" she said, without looking up from the knives.

"Why you so mad at me? What did I do?"

She looked up from the knives and sighed, "Nothing. It's just-" she sighed again. "Nevermind"

I leaned against the counter as she got up from the island and approached me. She placed her small hand on the side of my face before forcing a smile and kissing me. When she walked away, I stood there thinking about what could possibly be wrong with her. But then again if she wanted me to know she would've told me.