Chapter 21

Desiree

"I've never liked you. If Niya wouldn't of got pregnant, you'd be dead right now." Busta spoke calmly to Josiah.

"Why you gotta start with this shit?" Josiah said.

"Cause you think everything's coo between us when it's not. Still to this day, I don't fucking like you, so stop talking me nigga, real talk"

Josiah clenched his jaw and looked over at me. "What do you need?" he asked,

"I've decided to help you, but in return, I need you to help me with something" I said.

"Wassup?" he asked,

"Do you still have connects with the police?" I asked,

He nodded.

"I think I know who has Mani. I'll call you when I know for sure and we can go from there." I said.

"Coo" he stood up and kissed my forehead. "Be safe" he said before leaving.

I turned to look at Busta. "And you, get help, please? For me?"

"I'm coo Desi." she said.

"So your liver is fucked up for no reason?" I said, slightly raising my voice.

"Get loud with me again, imma back hand the fuck outta you." she snapped.

"Sorry" I apologized.

She continued to stare at me in silence. I could never take Mani serious when she looks at me like this cause she's so cute. But when Busta does it, it scares the fuck outta me. "My liver is fucked up because of all the shit I used to do." she finally spoke up.

"And because you still drink lean to this very day." I eyed her. "You can die from that shit, you know that right?" I added.

"Yeah, I know."

"But you keep doing it. Are you trying to die?"

Busta looked down at the marble floor of the mansion me and Mani share. "I would get help, but I don't trust the system. I can't put my life in the hands of somebody I don't know." she said.

"You do know how much pain Mom would feel if you did die right?"

She sighed and nodded. "I don't want to hurt her tho. Which is why I haven't been talking to her because every time we talk, she's saying the same shit you saying. You're truly your mothers child." she mumbled the last part.

I chewed the inside of my lip and stayed silent as we stared at each other.

"Where's Mani?" she asked, breaking the silence.

"I have yet to figure it out. But the bitch I was on the phone with, I know her. I jus can't put my finger on it at the moment." I said.

"Imma take Sierre so you can go handle that." she said.

I nodded as she kissed my forehead and headed towards the elevator.

*

"Why we can't jus go ask around the city? I'm sure somebody knows something." Ray said.

"Can we go get a drink first? My nerves are starting to get bad" Milo said.

"A drink? My nigga being held hostage by some bitches an you want a drink?" Ray snapped. "You lucky Mani fucks with you or I'd kill you."

I looked over at Ray, "Don't talk to him like that, he's still a baby." I cooed while pinching Milo's cheek.

Milo had become something like a little brother to me.