Dancing with the Devil

Told by JackieThePerson

First off, back in the old days in Mexico the story of the llorona was in full swing and one day my mom's uncle, so my great uncle, was just walking by the river. Back then it was filled with water. My uncle was a very heavy drinker and had horrible language, so one night, drunk as always, he was walking home. He had to walk by the river when he saw a woman washing clothes.

As I said he had horrible language, so he said, "Hey you, lady, what the **** are you doing washing clothes in the middle of the night, you crazy woman?"

When he went up to her he tapped her shoulder. When she turned around she had a head of a horse. My uncle got so scared the drunk went right out of him and he ran and ran to his house. He could tell she was chasing him. He heard her footsteps and her cries behind him. The cats, dogs, donkeys or whatever you could think of were crying too because they could tell the llorona was coming and was there.

~

Story number 2, many years ago there were dances all around in Mexico, especially in the ranches, and one day this young girl asked her mother if she could go to one of the dances. Her mother said no every time, but the girl went anyway.

She got ready and her mother told her, "You disobedient girl, watch the devil come after you at that dance." When she arrived there was a very handsome man there who no one knew. He asked the young woman to dance and when they were dancing they were floating in the air and people saw he had the foot of a horse and one of a chicken (in Mexico that's how everyone knew he looked like). Everyone was praying to God to save them from the devil and when people did, that so-called devil just vanished. The woman dropped to the ground and her back was burned where the devil was holding her.

~

Oh, and I forgot when I was 6 or 7 I lived in this not so old house that was apparently haunted. One day my cousin came to sleep over and that night she told me when she got up to go to the bathroom she saw this 6 or 7 year old girl with a little boy that looked like her little brother who was 2 or 3 years old. That same night she heard whispering that sounded like a little girl's, and I guarantee that wasn't me talking at night. The next night she stayed over again she only heard whispers, but the night she left I saw them that night and heard not just the girl but the boy as well.

 The next night she stayed over again she only heard whispers, but the night she left I saw them that night and heard not just the girl but the boy as well