From the Other Side

Told by Estellaj

The presence in my room is very palpable. It feels like the entity has latched onto my back. I dabble in the occult so I have methods of protection from spirits but none of them are working. Seals of Solomon, salt, and sage don't deter that which has invaded.

It is not friendly.

...

I had just laid down in my bed to text my girlfriend. It was around 2 am, a usual hour for me to be up. After about five minutes of laying there I started to hear this sound on the other side of the wall. There is a guest bedroom on the other side of the wall. The walls are paper thin. I can always hear everything that people say and hear everything they do when someone stays in the room. Sometimes I've even heard sounds in there when no one is there. Banging. Scratching on the wall by my head. The creak of footsteps. Once I even heard breathing or a sigh. As I was laying in my bed I hear this sound coming from that room, the room on the other side of the wall where my head is.

BOOOIIIIIIEEENG BOOOOIIIIENG.

Over and over again. It was the doorstop spring. Someone was flicking it over and over again.

I thought, "It's just my cat...But he's in the garage." Sometimes my mom gets up at night.

"Maybe it was my mom...but why would she go into that room? I didn't hear her bedroom door open..."

I waited about 20 seconds. Petrified. I got up, grabbing my knife. I flicked on the light in my room and then opened my door. The room to the guest bedroom is always open. I looked in, peering into the darkness. I could see the door stop in the light of my room filtering in. It was still. I ran into my parents room and woke them up.

"Mom mom, was that you walking around making that noise?"

"What are you talking about? What sound?"

"Boiiiiing sound? Over and over again? With the door spring?"

"No..."

In the distance, somewhere in the dark woods behind our house, dogs start barking.

I rushed to look behind her door. There is no spring. I ran into my room, the bathroom, the other guest bedroom. There were no springs. Just one. The one that was directly behind my head.

I burst into tears about then.

My dad gets up and goes into the room. He walks around every crevice. He checks under the bed, behind the door. He slams the door into the spring to be sure a draft couldn't have caused it. The impact makes a thud. Not a boing. He flicks it and it takes a relative amount of force for it to make that sound.

But dad is completely stoic about the whole thing and crawls into bed again. His goodnight message to me was,

"Shouldn't have bought that Ouija board yesterday."