Handprints

Told by HetaliaEngland_

It was the summer of 2015. I had a vacation outside of my country, in the archipelago of the Philippines. People said it was a good destination with lots of nature areas, so we eventually stayed in a city at their mountain ranges. There were some strawberries and cold weather.

Me and my family had stayed in an apartment that had antique furnitures, and one amenity: a brick fireplace. There was also a flat screen television. Luckily, I had my own bedroom. There was a large window that gave me a view of some trees, nothing else. Even though it wasn't very luxurious, I liked it. At least it had air conditioning.

After fixing things, we went outside into the city center. We went around tourist attractions, like the usual visitor. Everything was normal, and I enjoyed. But strange things happened on the second day. Me and my family were watching a funny movie at the living room. All of a sudden, I heard a thump from upstairs, where the bedrooms were. The owner of the apartment wasn't in the place, which made it more terrifying. Chills ran through my spine that time. I tried to shake the thought off my head, but it only did after several hours.

The following night, I was sleeping. It was a windy night and the window showed only darkness. It reminded me of horror stories. I closed my eyes, sleeping peacefully. A thump suddenly wrecked my numbness and I covered my face tighter with my pillow. I peeked a little closer and saw two dirty handprints in the window, very clear. I hastily ran out of my room, into my parent's room. I told them what I saw and they started slightly laughing, but fortunately they let me sleep in their room and I felt safer because there were no windows, just ventilation.

It's been a long time since it happened, but it still haunts me to this day.