The Chained Basement

Told by FrankensteinBoi

This following events took time when I was 10 years old. I was at my grandpa's, an old house that dated back to WW2, which was demolished by the government a while ago.

Anyway back on the track. Since the house was very ancient my grandpa made sure to warn us (my cousins and I as we were little kids) not to enter the basement, he said that awful stuff have been done to people during the war in that basement; the basement that was locked with chains and had a big red X on the door.

We would often hear of noises and cries coming down from the basement. Knocks on the door and walls and the blackest cats hovering around the place. One day, we had a family meeting. Everyone was there with no exceptions. My cousins and I, however, were playing just close enough to the basement. We were playing hide and seek.

I counted for about 30 seconds before I opened my eyes and I was left alone as everyone went hiding away. My wild cousin had twisted ideas and I assumed he went hiding in the basement that no one had the courage to enter before, not even my grandpa. Somehow, the chains were broken down and the door was a one simple push away from being opened.

I went down the stairs. I remember it was dark. No light and no lamps. I remember having my skin shivering all over my body as I received a negative presence watching over me. I went looking for my cousin of course, and he wasn't there even though I kept hearing footsteps coming closer.

When I turned back I was faced with a mirror. A broken mirror structured to the wall. I stared at my reflection and spotted a shade next to me and a second later I was slapped hard. I shouted like never before and passed out. The next morning I woke up in the hospital having no idea what happened after I fell on the ground unconscious. It's been 8 years and yet I never had a reasonable explanation for what happened that night.

Spiritualists said I shouldn't have entered the basement for there were angry souls trapped where they had been once tortured. I've been reading about paranormals ever since. Trying to understand the invisible entities around us.