The Woman in the Red Dress

Told by Anonymous

My paranormal story starts on Halloween of 2016.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

I know it's oddly stereotypical for it to happen on Halloween, but anyway.

I was washing my face, my bathroom door was open.

And out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw my twin sister, because I guess my peripheral vision assumed the being I saw was the same height as my twin sister.

So, I questionably asked my twins' name, as my peripheral vision saw the being move to my room.

And I got no answer.

So, I rinsed my face quickly, and peeked my head into my room.

And, first I realized McKenna was not there.

And then, I saw her.

The ghost.

It was a misty spirit, and I just saw the back of her.

She had a red dress, a white apron, her brown hair tied into a bun, thrown into a bonnet, and that was all.

And, me, being human, ran.

I couldn't sleep in my room for a week. I had to sleep in my twins' room.

The nights after that was torture.

I would hear things whisper to me in the dark when I was trying to sleep.

I would hear things dropping in my room when I was trying to sleep.

I would hear mysterious scratching and lights going out, when the light bulbs had just been replaced with new ones.

Eventually things slowly stopped after I asked my dad to say a blessing.

And he would say things like, "I feel its presence trying to stay," and I was super creeped out, honestly.

It happened almost a year ago and every night, before I sleep, I have to repeat this prayer because it has scarred me so badly.

"Please bless I will not be haunted by any ghost, spirit, or demon, and that my family and I will be safe. Amen."