The Angry Ones

Told by mj50cool

When I was young I lived with ghosts, so I'm comfortable around them. I know when a ghost is present (weird, huh?) and I made friends with some of them.

Our house was very old and in the middle of nowhere. I know, like every horror movie scene. We could hear people talking and walking around at night. A lady helped my mom with dinner. We had a old lady get on at us about doing our chores and such,
but that's for another story. I even shared a room with twins. My dad bought them their own beds and everything.

But there was some that we didn't go near. We called them "the angry ones" (we watched too many horror movies), but they mainly stayed in the attic or cellar. They don't come out too often, but when they did they didn't want to be noticed.

My name is Mary, so when the Bloody Mary thing hit my school I got all the attention. I was in 1st grade so I loved it. I was dared to take my mom's phone and record myself doing the Bloody Mary challenge. Of course, me being my brave stupid self, I did.

Nothing happened, so I gave up after like 6 tries and went to bed. That night I heard the usual nighttime hustle. But it was louder. Like more people were crowded in the hallway. I rolled over. Murmurs surrounded my room. Like people were standing right outside the door. Then all of it stopped.

I heard footsteps scatter and everything went quiet. I heard the creaking of the bed. I asked what the twins were doing and they both looked at me with no expressions.

"Hiding," they both said, then ran out of my room leaving the door wide open. This left chills down my spine. They have never made me scared before. I hid under my covers because, well let me remind you, I was in 1st grade and if you hide under the covers nothing can find you. I heard footsteps come up to my bed. They weren't the footsteps of the twins. I froze. Then I felt cold breath on my neck through the blanket. I was freaking out.

I thought Bloody Mary had come to kill me. I couldn't move. I didn't sleep. The thing never went away. Watched me all night. I was so scared. Of course I told everyone at school what had happened and they all thought I was so brave and lucky.

The next night nothing happened. I thought for so many years that it was Bloody Mary in my room. But now I don't believe that. I believe it was one of the "angry ones", but I still to this day don't know why it watched me all night. I asked my sister and she said nothing happened to her or my parents. It's still a mystery. Will anyone ever figure it out?

 Will anyone ever figure it out?