Unrest on the Other Side

Told by Tam-Anonymous

Jiggle jiggle...jiggle jiggle. The doorknob makes me aware there's someone on the other side. Three knocks in a row rap at the door. Again, jiggle jiggle jiggle. The doorknob turns as if someone is desperate to come in.

Being the only person at home, for the kids had already caught the bus, and my husband had been at work for over an hour now, I had lain back down to rest a bit from the early morning's hustle and bustle.

Who could be needing to come into my bedroom this badly? The door is unlocked so why don't they just open the door? Was it my husband who decided to change his mind about working for the day and had returned home..and the door was jammed?

I get up off the bed and open the door easily. Upon inspection, there is no one in the entire house and all the windows and doors to the outside are locked, like always when I'm home alone. So I go back to the bedroom and lay back down for early morning reading, this time leaving the bedroom door open.
I jump up with a start and grab my phone and call my husband when once again the door knob starts jiggling again! This time I can see either side of the door and there's no one there!! Then one single BANG! as if someone got mad and gave up and hauled off, and gave the door one last frustrated kick.

I jump up and run past the door into the living room where I grab my throw and snuggle up on the couch to calm myself back down. I finally get through to my husband who gives a weak explanation in an attempt to explain it away. Not.

~

Another event happened to me while visiting my mom. My dad was sick and bedridden and Mom needed a little help to get her bearings back, so I assisted for a few days. I slept on the couch and was settling in with the tv on with it on mute. The light from the tv gives me company.

I begin hearing a faint huffing like a baby that had been crying and was sniffing to calm down. I sit motionless to make certain as to what I was hearing. There it was again, coming from the hallway. Mom had limited modern conveniences and I had the only tv in the house in the living room. I thought maybe she had on a radio or maybe she herself was crying from stresses of the day so I decide to check on things.

I pad down the hallway and gently tap on the door. "Mom? Everything ok?"

A groggy "Huh?" answers me from the other side of the door. "Yeah. Why? You ok?"

I say, "I'm just checking to make sure you guys are ok."

"We were sleeping. We're ok. I'll come get you if I need you."

So as I turn to head back down the hallway to bed I see a dark silhouette on the wall about two foot from the floor. It is a head and shoulders looking down as if a child had been scolded and then it fades away. No longer a dark spot in my path I hug the opposite wall and make my way back to the couch and comforting light of the tv.

 No longer a dark spot in my path I hug the opposite wall and make my way back to the couch and comforting light of the tv