Visions of Darkness

Told by MoraezA

I've always been a very sensitive human being. Since I can remember, I've always been able to kind of feel the energy of any given person or environment within seconds of being there or being in someone's presence. I can look at someone and immediately tell if we're going to be friends or not – I think that's part of the reason why I don't have many of them. My mom and dad used to make fun of me because, since I was four years old, I would try and expel some visitors – including family members – from our house, claiming that they "weren't good people." Nowadays they don't make fun of me anymore because, as it turned out, most of the people I've tried to distance myself and my family from when I was a kid didn't become such great individuals.

            Mind you, I'm not saying, not even in the slightest, that I'm some kind of psychic or anything like that. I think that I'm just really tuned in to people's energies, intentions and moods. Plus, I have a crazy accurate intuition. I just know things, sometimes. My parents and my closest friends are the only ones that know this, but usually when I feel some way about something, I'm rarely wrong. They freak out about it, sometimes, but they've gotten used to it by now.

            With that in mind, I'd like to share some of the weirdest things that have happened to me, since infancy to adulthood, that I think could be tagged as "paranormal".

            My first paranormal experience happened very early in life. I was three or four years old, living with my parents in an average sized house, my bedroom next to theirs. I had never been one to have nightmares, despite having a very vivid imagination. On the day this happened, I remember having felt some kind of imbalance in the energy of our home earlier in the day. Being shy and mindful of other people's opinions about me, I didn't mention anything to my parents. I didn't want them to make fun of me as they usually did when I would start talking about my feelings regarding things that, in their opinion and experience, didn't exist.

            Night fell, I went to bed as usual, saying my prayers, as I had been taught, before covering myself with the blankets and falling asleep. On that night I was mentally or psychically assaulted for the first time. While asleep, I dreamed about leaving my body – I could still kind of see myself on my bed sleeping, but in the dream I had stood up and was going toward my bedroom door. In the dream, I open the door and step into our kitchen. It was night. Darkness reigning free. I walk across the kitchen until I reach the doorway to our laundry room, which is connected to our garage. I feel something bad, like really bad. An evil energy. I just know that if I keep going I'm going to end up seeing something I will regret. I get chills and think about turning back and going back to my room, but I don't. I keep going until I reach the doorway, which gives me access to the garage.

            Funnily enough, our car isn't there. It's all just darkness. I can see well enough in the dark to discern shapes, though, so I take a look. I freeze with fear.

            There's a shape there, its back turned to me. It's a tall – and I know, anything seems tall to a four year old kid, but this thing was ridiculously tall -, slim frame of a man. It is wearing what now I can describe as a ceremonial outfit with a hat very similar to the ones members of the KKK used to wear.

            I am frozen on the doorway, feeling wave after wave of negativity and evil intent emanate from that thing, but I can't stop looking. Neither can I run. I can see the moment it feels my presence. Its shoulders raise slightly and the little movement it was making, like it was floating, immediately ceases. With unnatural speed of movement, it turns completely toward me.

            I remember never having felt such fear in all my life – which, granted, hadn't been that long at the time. The thing has no face, no feet. It's floating some inches above the ground, not moving, just staring at me.