Black Magic

Told by Anonymous

Naturally, people don't believe in ghosts, demons and all. But they do. They live on this same earth as us and manifest themselves with us knowing and at times, they do it in other ways.

Back in my first house, my room would be across my parents' room with a kinda large corridor separating both. Since what became my room was a piece of the living room (after major renovations were done), it had no door. So whenever I had to go to my parents' room, I would glance in my room. I think I was 6 or 7 years old. Every single time, I remember seeing something on the mirror of my closet.

Dark, hairy, motionless.

It would always be there at night. I don't know if it was a figment of my imagination, which it could be, but this was one of the first "strange" experiences.

Next, my mother. She was possessed by ... something. So, on that day, there was a religious festival by some ethnic group. They go to some sacred place or temple to pray.

Now, given my first home was quite on the main road, and that the window of my parents' room (ground floor), was like  five metres away. Approximately. But the distance doesn't exceed 10 metres, I guessed.

That day, my mother found a rose on the bed. It was practically impossible.
1. A rose couldn't land on the bed by mistake or that someone accidentally threw one.
2. The distance! The rose, if sent from the road, it should've landed outside the house and not inside.

It was like those fairytales' poisoned rose, but worse. It was a rose painted by black magic.

My mother was, hence, possessed by some spirit. So did her sister-in-law (who lived in the same house).

I was 6 or 7 years old. I can't remember my age but I wasn't more than 8 years old. I saw how you couldn't make my mother and my cousin's mother (the sister-in-law) sit together in the same room. They would be furious - kinda like the spirits can't face each other or something. And then they would want to hide when they hear prayers.

Of course, now, they are perfectly fine. Thank God.

I've got more but I'll end it with a last one. My neighbour was once telling stories - real ones. She was saying how sometimes she would hear chairs being pushed, pulled - making that annoying noise. Or even noises in the backyard.

 Or even noises in the backyard