Nighttime Checkup

Told by Pandalover105978

Now ever since my mother passed away when I was nine I have had many paranormal experiences, in fact to the point where it was normal. I've had random times where someone would tap my shoulder or even grab my hair even when no one was in sight. Even through all that I never thought a man would show up at my bedroom door just to 'check up' on me.

I was 11 or 12 as this took place. I lay quietly sleeping, the whole house silent except for my brother's room where he sat and played video games, cursing like usual. It was rare to see me out of bed after 11 o'clock at night even if it was a Saturday night.Yet once in a while my dad would come to my room to turn off my computer which Netflix was playing from, and I would get up.

I had woken up with my room being silent and pitch black. This not being unusual, I just assumed that my dad was in my room and had turned my computer off, since I was a heavy sleeper and couldn't just wake up in the middle of the night for no reason. So, casually, I looked over at my door to say good night to my dad, like I did every time this happened. When I looked over at my door and my mouth opened to say the words, I shut it, seeing that, yes, my door had been open, yes, a man was standing there, but the person who stood there was a shadow figure. The only clear outline besides the man was a hat that he wore on top of his head.

I sat up in my bed and leaned over to get a closer look. He had a shadow hand on my door frame and although he had no face his body was clearly facing the end of the hallway, where my dad's room was. Just from his body movement it was clear he was slightly worried. I was confused and a little scared. I moved more, to the point where practically my whole body was out of my covers. This time a creak came from my bed and the man turned when he heard the sound, facing me with no face. Instead of running at me like what you probably thought he might do, he did the opposite.

He took his hand off the door frame took a step back, afraid. Then he ran and I followed. I ran through the hallway and turned a corner leading to the kitchen and living room, yet there stood nothing. Just a messy kitchen and living room with a wide-awake girl pinching herself to prove that she was. I was awake, and scared, with only the sound of my brother cursing to his friends to comfort me.

 I was awake, and scared, with only the sound of my brother cursing to his friends to comfort me