Family Reunion

Told by @Tydrus0519

Ok. So, I'll give some backstory. My house is one of if not the oldest house in my town in New Jersey. And the lady who built it built the surrounding houses as well.

Now, my mom's best friend growing up, who I call my aunt Er, came over to visit, after my parents first bought the house. My aunt realized that the lady who built our house was her great aunt Edna, who had passed away in the house, long before we moved in, since there had been other previous owners. This was a really interesting coincidence. But I like to think now that we were sort of guided by her to the house.

The actual stories.

My mom was about to tuck me in when I was a baby, but my grandma came over, so she left really quickly to go see her. But when she came back, I had already quite neatly been tucked in. Mom just smiled, even if a little freaked out.

Then, another time, not that long ago, I had lost a flash drive, and I hadn't been able to find it anywhere. But when I woke up the next morning, it was neatly sitting next to my bed. And I swear, it couldn't have been there before, because I had looked under my bed and around it, so I would've noticed it before.

Every now and then, just little things. Like when something that I lost pops up like that, or little noises like walking around, and sometimes I believe even footsteps. But she's a benevolent ghost. She's like...a guardian angel of sorts. At least I think of her that way. And how strange that we get the house of her, my aunt's great aunt.

 And how strange that we get the house of her, my aunt's great aunt