The Trail of Death

Told by OceanicStardust

Okay so this is something that happens a lot in my family.

A few years back when my grandpa died my mum had a dream about him coming to her and wishing her to tell the family he was okay and that he was in peace now. My mum had always been the favoured child in her family so that's possibly why he came to her instead.

At his funeral I remember us giving our blessings and since I was pretty young at the time I started complaining about how his corpse smelt bad, and in my country that was counted as disrespectful and that the smell would then follow you, so my mum scolded me for it but I didn't actually think it would happen.

After the funeral when we were on the plane trip home (I live overseas) I started smelling the same smell from at the funeral along with a smoke smell (since he got cremated) and my mum told me to pray and so I did and the smell then went away.

Another time something like this happened was to my brother in law, he had a pet chihuahua along with my sister which they had raised for a while. After their wedding my sister had become pregnant, they both planned on having the child grow up with their dog so their baby came to love animals. Although unfortunately something happened and the dog died just a few months before their baby was born.

Once the baby (their baby was named Jane) was born my sister had noticed that Jane had done a lot of things like their dog did, growling and biting on a lot of things, my brother in law thought that maybe their dog came back to live with them as a child.

Now this is the extremely sad part, when Jane was 8 months old, my brother in law left to China for a business trip while my sister stayed at home working as a training nurse so half the time they needed my cousin to babysit. I don't exactly know what happened but I think Jane accidentally fell down the stairs because my cousin forgot to put the rails up and she was cleaning around the house.

Well you can sorta guess what happened to Jane, but the creepy part is when my brother had a dream about seeing their old dog run off to a girl dressed in white cradling Jane. Turns out the girl he saw in the dream was his younger sister <name redacted> who committed suicide when she was 17 and my brother thought that she there to help lead Jane and their dog into the afterlife or heaven or something.

 Turns out the girl he saw in the dream was his younger sister <name redacted> who committed suicide when she was 17 and my brother thought that she there to help lead Jane and their dog into the afterlife or heaven or something