Both of Us

Told by Anonymous

I never believed in the paranormal, I was what people would call a skeptic, but that was fine by me.

I didn't want to believe in something that could hurt me, I was one of those people who didn't like to talk about crime.

This night, I was on my bunk bed, the top one, and was talking to my sister, who was laying on the bottom one. We weren't talking about anything in particular, boys, school, the latest episode of Doctor Who.

I remember that the door opened, and my sister walked in, which surprised me because I only had one sister.

She had asked me what was up, I must have had a strange look on my face, and in reply I leant over my top bunk and looked at the bottom bunk.

There was no one there. My sister went to sleep, and the next morning it got even creepier.

My mum was sitting at the breakfast table setting out some toast, and when me and my sister sat down, she started talking to us about the latest episode of Doctor Who.

When asked by my sister, the one that was really there, why she had brought it up, my mum simply said that she'd heard us talking about it last night.

Both of us.

I never told my sister that there was something in our room, pretending to be her, but she was always confused about why our mum thought we were talking together.

I guess I'll never know who or what it was.

But it wasn't my sister.