Salt

Told by Emo_Pandalover.

Ok, so when I was in my freshman year I was diagnosed with sleep paralysis which means while I'm sleeping I go into a state of REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep and being awake, so my brain is in limbo, technically.

It was the last week of school and I was all caught up, so everything was ok. But turns out it wasn't. I love to stay up and play videogames and that night was one of those nights. It was my parents anniversary and my brothers were staying the night at my grandma's.

I was playing a few rounds of Halo when the next thing I know I had fallen asleep on the couch in the middle of a match. Well I guess my sleep paralysis kicked in because I remember seeing a tall, white, skinny creature with long fingers and no face. There were holes that looked cut into the area where the mouth should have been. It got up in front of my face and made a heavy growl/panting sound, and its breath smelt of like salt. I don't know how to describe the smell of salt except it's a pure but bitter smell.

It left through the TV, which had my game still playing on the opening lobby screen.  Around twelve-thirty in the morning I snapped out of it and the TV was still on the lobby screen and I got up, a little shaky in the legs. I grabbed a cup of water and drank it. I turned on the light to the kitchen and on the counter next to me was our salt shaker spilled along the floor and counter top, and in the middle of it was a long hand print just like the creature's.

After that I haven't seen, smelt or heard of the thing for the past four years. I don't know if this was supernatural or just my syndrome, but I have read up on it and sleep paralysis is said to be linked with the supernatural and paranormal.

 I don't know if this was supernatural or just my syndrome, but I have read up on it and sleep paralysis is said to be linked with the supernatural and paranormal