Don't Look Behind

Told by damienneedshelp

On a horrid day. A Sunday. I briskly walked up to the top floor of my semi detached house. Walking past my uncle's room and I saw a lingering shadow against his wall. There was no one inside the house except me.
I brushed it off thinking it was my own, but the way the shadow was standing, still, lifeless, told otherwise.

I rushed into my own room in a panic after realising what happened.

I sighed as I sat on my little brother's bed watching tv, but the thought of the ghostly shadow muddled my train of thoughts.

That night I couldn't sleep. I felt as if something was watching me from behind. Thinking of the ghostly shadow, I told myself, "DON'T LOOK BEHIND", "DON'T LOOK BEHIND." My brothers seemed not to notice as they were fast asleep. I couldn't bear the thought of who, what, was behind me as my gut told me. It was a gut feeling that you can't ignore, if you know what I mean.

That morning my brother walked to the door with no problem. I was a mess with blood shot eyes that sat wide open.

I told my family all about it that day, and to the day I write this only my mother believes me as she has plenty of paranormal expirences but those are a story for another day.