When The Lights Go Out

Told by WonderInterStellar

To begin with, this didn't happen to me, but to my Dad a few years ago at his job. He told me the story and I thought it was worth sharing. I consider it a pretty paranormal experience.

So my Dad's an electrician for an electrical company who also has this old building for tourists to come in and well...take a tour of. This place has been known for having ghosts, from having lights on in the house when no one was in there, to ghostly presences, to children's laughter coming from the attic.

It was after tourist hours and my Dad was instructed to go and change the light bulbs that had gone out.
Before doing so, he went to the house to count all of the light bulbs that were out.

Six. He counted six.

He then left the house to pick up the light bulbs and when he returned, three of the six began working again.

It was as if someone else had gone in to change them, while he went out. But he knew that couldn't have been possible because he was the only one there. He recounted the light bulbs, making sure he had the right number before.

He was one hundred precent positive that he had counted them correctly. He told me it was the most bizarre thing to ever happen to him.

Then he came to the conclusion that the only possible reasoning for this paranormal anomaly was the fact that the house was indeed haunted and not just an average tourist trap. That was a pretty big thing for my Dad to admit.
He's not one for believing in ghosts or paranormal activity, but after hearing the stories and connecting the dots to what he had just witnessed, it seemed to be the only logical, remaining solution.

And ever since, he's believed it to be haunted.

If you're interested in checking the place out for yourself, it's at the Upstate New York Power Authority a little ways out of my small home town, West Fulton. So what are you waiting for? Take a trip and test the tale.

 So what are you waiting for? Take a trip and test the tale