two

i saw my mom walking down the aisle smiling and crying. i felt kind of happy for her. she hasn't been so happy lately. but that's going to change now. hopefully for the better.
she asked me to be happy for her and her new husband.

im not ready to call him... *gulps* dad. for now im sticking to his name which is Adam. (pretend that's Mr.Veda's name and that daniels the only child)

i smile at her. she looks so beautiful. she looks like a goddess. she looks so...so happy. i guess i have to be happy. for her. i can't ruin her happiness, even though this is very torturing.

i saw my new "stepbrother" or whatever he is, staring at me. what does he want. ugh. he was across from me, on the grooms side.

he smiled. i stood there death staring him up and down with disgust. he looked sad. i don't care. he's probably going to make my life terrible.

as i see Adam put the ring on my moms finger, i tear up a bit. i haven't seen her, this happy in so long. she's crying with joy.

i glanced at daniel and he was smirking at the fact that i was tearing. ugh, i hate him. why does he have to be my stepbrother. i rolled my eyes at him.

after the wedding, and kissing and why not, we went to the afterparty, or reception.

of course, daniel had to come near me. he was whispering something in my ear.

"babygirl are you happy?" he asked while smirking.

"happy!? no. you two are just going to come barging into our girl house and ruin everything!" i semi screamed.

i might have said it a little too loud. the music had stopped. all eyes were on me. including my moms and adams tearded eyes.

great. just great. i seem like a bum hater now.

i ran out. i felt embarrassed. i should've never said that. i sat outside on the stairs leading inside. i heard footsteps behind me.

i turned around and they were my moms. i sighed looking down at my sparkly heels.

she sat down next to me, in her beautiful and huge white dress. i didn't want it to get dirty.

i sighed. "mom i am so sorry, i probably ruined your whole day, im such a horrible person." i said looking down disappointed.

she lifted my chin up and looked at me. "hey, you didn't ruin anything baby, i understand how you feel, you think by getting married i won't be all yours anymore, but just know that ill always be by your side, no matter who i marry." she kissed my cheek.

i looked up and smiled. "i love you mom, and as long as your happy, im happy."

i turned around to see daniel and adam smiling. i stood up leaving my mom on the step.

i looked down. "im sorry...for saying all those mean things, i just don't want to lose my mom, or our fun girl time."

adam put his hand on my shoulder. "don't worry, id never take her away from you, she was yours first." he smiled as he opened up his arms for a hug.

i went in and hugged him. he felt like a father. i pulled away and went to daniel.

"i still don't like you, but i could get used to you." i said while smiling.

he chuckled. "good." he hugged me really tight. i couldn't breathe. even though he smelled very heavenly.

we all four walked in smiling together.....as a family.

❤️

(inspired by @bomb_digaz)