pg.11

Noticing a friend in peril

Cody and Jake have noticed that Con has been getting depressed and stressed out lately. I mean the leader had been out for a whole month and it's been a whole month that Con has had free time to see anyone in another state. Con thought,' He won't get out of my head...I have my friends around me.. So why do I feel so alone?' Jake came into the room and said," Con.. I think you need a break.. When's the last time you've had a full meal? Or Had some fun?" Con said," A break.. But I have so many things to do with the plumbing running out and... You know what.. I think you are right..but who else will do the work today while I'm gone? There's so many things I should do..but it's just one day of having a break." Con's mood was lightened a little as he didn't have to worry about finishing the papers under his leaders signature,which was hard to copy.

Jake said," Well.. I think that Tyler would want to.. You know how he is." Tyler is kind of a nerd,he likes to read and write,listen to the newspaper. He was a perfect student in his young years,now that he's 23. He can do the paper work and he does know the leader better than anyone. Con said," Ok,I'll ask him.." He asked him and Tyler said that he would. I mean Tyler didn't really like how Con was having to do the paperwork when he was still only a teenager.! Tyler saw the bags under his eyes and the stress. Everybody in the thief's guild say it. They were starting to worry about him. There were times during the week that he wouldn't eat at all.

Duncan was busy trying to learn all he kingly duties he had to fulfill when he gets older. Duncan's wolf,Saga, wanted to be by his mate and not learn any of this for knowing what a good alpha wolf needs to do! Duncan said," Ok.. I'm done for today." He then left his teacher. He wanted to see and hear Con today. In the middle of the night,Duncan left a note for his beta that he was going to go see his mate for the day.

Con had a day to relax,and wasn't as depressed and stressed as he was only a couple of hours earlier. Tyler said that he would take over as the 'leader' till Jordan came back from his trip. Con got some food and was able to get a little sleep. He just wasn't able to sleep as good ever since Duncan and him cuddled. Duncan said,over the phone to Kia," Do you know where Con lives now..?He isn't in his cave..house." Kia said." He's at my old house!" Then he hung up. Duncan went to that house to see that most of the people there looked like bad,evil thieves. Duncan thought,' Con knows these people..how could Kia let his younger brother around these people?' Duncan followed Con's scent to find that he was trying to sleep from the way he moved to try and get comfortable. Saga said,to Duncan," Mate can't sleep..we need to comfort him...He's lonely.." Duncan didn't have to be told twice and went over to Con.

He said," Hello Con." Con sat up from his bed and said,surprised," What are you doing here?" Duncan said," To see you..of course!" He then went over to hug Con and sat beside him. Duncan then said," Is Con your real name?" Con said," No, It's a nickname..I don't like my real name.." Duncan said,as he sat beside him with his arm around him," What is it? Your real name?" Con sighed and said," Conner..." Duncan smiled and said," That's a really good name..." Con said," Really? " Con smiled then continued," Or are you just saying that to get on my good side?" Duncan laughed,this is the first time that Con actually let Duncan hold him in his arms and they have a normal friendly conversation..not filled with chaos around them. It was very nice to them.

Sadly,it was interrupted by Jake when he came in and said," Con! You won't believe what...Am I interrupting something.?" He's said that question with a smirk and Con pushed Duncan off the bed as he frowned,Con said,"What would I not believe?" Jake said," Oh right! Cody got jumped by like a guard wolf or something! Aren't they suppose to be in the Werewolf Kingdom territory?" Con went with Jake, but kind of absentmindedly took Duncan's hand and pulled him with them. Cody yelled," Get off me! You ..Dog!" The werewolf said," Aww..Don't be like  that I wanted to talk to you!" Cody yelled," By pushing me to the ground! When my group gets in this room! You're bead meat!" Con said,as he let go off Duncan's hand to address the situation," You get off of my friend or you won't have to worry about ever stepping foot into this house... " The werewolf got off and said," Who mad you the boss?" Con said ,smartly," I'm not the boss,I'm simply worried about my friend getting hurt from a werewolf! Now Follow me, so we can have a nice little chat." The werewolf looked at Cody..Con yelled,"NOW!"

They went out and Con said," Ok..I know he's important to you, but Cody's human...you can't jump on him like that! You could have broken some of his bones without even realizing it! Besides..your also a guard and this isn't a very welcoming place for strangers like you... I'm asking you to leave and talk to Cody outside.. After that you two can do what you guys want.. But if I see that you hurt one hair on his head...Know that you will be dealing with a werewolf, a sorceress,a fox,a neko and a vampire sent on hurting you." He said," Bye ,"with a smile as he turned around and went out the room.

-Not Edited-