Chapter 9 pg.33

Learning about someone's past and finding out the truth..?

Duncan wasn't able to see Con all day and wondered where he was. He knows that being a thief, Con has had a really hard time. He just wants to know everything about Con,before making any hasty moves...The one hasty move that he was thinking about had never been spoken of. Con not remembering what they did and not wanting to know. Duncan was glad about that,but he didn't even have permission to do that with him..He was able to control himself and not mark him with a bite;deep enough to count as a mating mark.

Smith looked at the two,Duncan and Con, wondering how they make it work? How they haven't had any trouble being together that he knew of. Duncan said," Let's go and get something to eat.." Con said," I'm not really that hungry..." Duncan said," You haven't had anything to eat since breakfast! It's almost dinner! Your eating something." Con said," But..." Duncan said,sternly," Now!" Con said," Fine..."

Con went to the garage to continue fixing the car. He was under the car and tightened some of the pipes,Duncan came in with Jake.Jake said," He's probably in here.Con!" Con said,as he rolled out from under the car,not bothering to get up," What is it? Is Ken here with the spark plug?" Jake said," No..Duncan wants to see you." Duncan was looking at Con ,in that laying position and was getting yellow wolf eyes. Con said,getting into a sitting position on the skateboarder, he was laying on," Oh,Hi..What is it,Princy?" Duncan said,"Are you working on a car..?" Con said," Yeah..Not everyone has enough money to pay people to repair a car! Besides I used to watch my Dad repair some cars! Now What do you want?" Duncan said," Hmmm... Nothing, I just wants to check up on you that's all."

Con said," Well,While your here,might as well hand me tools that I need to tighten the pipes till Ken arrives with the spark plug. " Duncan did just that,and talked to Con,who had asked about his life,before they met. Duncan said," I went to many parties and had went to many kingdoms...though my favorite one was destroyed a long time ago.." Con said," Which was?" Duncan said," The Neko Kingdom...I remember being 5 when going over there..They're were three Prince's over there,that just disappeared when their mom and dad died..I'm hoping to see them again.They were really nice and innocent people to have had something done to them. I can't even remember their names..I can only remember the faces that they had,or the voice of some of them...I also have had a load of she-wolves wall up to me to see if any of them were my mate.Every single time I would even be disappointed for I was looking for my mate for 2 years..Though you were worth the wait." Duncan had pulled the skateboard to where it was out from under the car,so that Con had to look at Duncan,who was over Con's body. Con said," What are you ---" Duncan didn't let Con finish that sentence for he wanted to mate with Con,and not have him dismissing him anymore. Duncan wanted Con to be his,as selfish as he sounded that is what he wanted,after knowing that someone had touched Con in such a way,he wanted Con to know that he was there and he wanted to know how he felt about all this. So he asked," Con..how do you feel about us being soulmates? What are your feelings towards me? I must know Con.." Con was speechless,and shocked to know that Duncan cared so much,so he said," I haven't really thought about it..I've never been.." Con trailed off,but Duncan heard the unspoken 'loved.' that finished Con's sentence. Duncan said," I love you,Con...Don't believe what others say about my love for you.." Con said,something that made Duncan's heart skip a beat and his wolf very happy," I love you too..but promise you won't abandon me..please?" Duncan said," Of course..Anything for you ,my little thief."

Duncan was about to pull Con into a kiss when Kia and Ken interfered,by stepping into the room. Ken hastily got Duncan off of Con,trying to protect his friend from the stranger that had somehow got into the garage of the house. Kia said," We're sorry to interrupt,Ken got you the sharp plug,while I came in to tell you that we have something to discuss."

After a couple of minutes,Con exited the garage and then went to the meeting room to meet Kia. Kia said," Hi Conner..I need to tell you something about our past.." Con said,a little bit wary of the situation," Yes,What is it?" Kia said," We're the lost princes from the castle..our memories were altered by those witches.! It wasn't a car accident that killed our parents it was them..! " Con said,a little outraged," So you mean to tell me that the only memories that I have of our parents are...fake? That We know nothing?!?" Kia sighed and said," Why do you think I've been trying to push you to forget about being a thief..And haven't you noticed that we both have mates that are princes? Have you ever even wondered why I hate the witches and why we're tracking them down?" Con said," Yeah..because their terrible people and have killed a bunch of people..we choose who our mates are..so it's only a coincidence that we both choose princes..and I always thought that maybe you just didn't like the memory of us being thieves when we were kids ,so you wanted me to take a new leaf..And if we're 'bewitched' by this knowledge than...how could you know? "