pg.44

Becoming an Alpha

The babies were born,twins ; both boys. They looked identical, the only difference that you could tell between ____ and ____ was that ___ had fox ears and a fox tail while ___ had wolf ears and a wolf tail.

Duncan attended the birth of the two,but Doctor Ross had to warn him not to attack him for cutting into Con's stomach. Kia wasted no time in getting the babies cribs and all the necessaries for babies. Con said,after the day of the babies birth, "So...Kia brought something to my attention..Does your people even know you have a mate,Princy? Or have you foolishly forgotten about your loyal subjects?"  Duncan said," No..I..Um.." Con said," You did! And Dean told me that you wouldn't be an idiot.." Duncan said," I'm sorry if you were such a needy and submissive little fox that needed my protection in your time of need.." Con said,with a light blush, "Well..Um.. That's not true..I wasn't that needy, was I? " Duncan purred as he sniffed Con's neck," The neediest.." Kia said,as he held ____ and ____, " Hello? Sorry to ruin the moment..but someone needs to take their duties seriously!" Con said," He's right,you know.. Dean can't keep pulling excuses for you,he already has for almost a year now.." Duncan said," But..I don't want to go back to my duties as Alpha,I love my fellow wolf pack members,but I love you more..and your going to go back with..being a thief..in that thief's guild.." Con said,teasingly," Is that jealousy I detect? " Duncan huffed,as he now carried ____ and ____ . Con said," Come on now..I've been there longer,there like family....." Duncan said," You have a real family now. Even Kia went with his mate." Con said," I know, what about..I bring the thief's guild into your territory, that way I can still go over there and help them when I'm needed ,but am able to stay with you?"

Duncan said, with a smile," You would relocate the whole thief's guild for me?" Con said," Um..Yeah." Duncan said," You're becoming more and more beautiful by the day, my Con~Con~ " Con took the babies and said," Come on,we can face your people together! Besides I think that most of the people in the castle like me.!"  Duncan said," I'll have to tell my father first..since he did suggest that I find another mate." Con said, "If he said that,then looks like I'm going to have to beat your father.." Con said, "Do you think that,maybe..you could just, stay with me... aim the thief's guild? I don't think I'd be able to get respect from all those werewolves with my background.." Duncan said,as he nuzzled his head in Con's neck," Are you scared? Nothing will happen to you while I'm there." Con said," Yeah, but I.." Con just cut off his sentence and looked at the two twins in his hands. Con said," I know what rage and negative emotions can do to even the most peaceful people...My brother, Austin, almost killed me..and that was because he felt like an outcast..I haven't even seen him since that fight! I just don't want them to get hurt,by something of my background or because those people don't like me and don't want to have to rule over people with my 'thief' genes.." Duncan cooed him and said," There's nothing to worry about, they'll love you!" Con said,as he put the two twins down into the crib, " How can you be so sure? We haven't let the room,I've been hiding my scent, so no one can possibly know that we're mates! And now the cubes...! What if one of your father's guards get him! Or..or.." Kia came into the room and said, "Duncan don't mind Con, he's just being an overprotective momma fox. Con why don't you and Duncan just come out to the people with the news of being mates? Then when you feel the time is right then show that you have pups or cubs. " Duncan said," I think we can do that,Con.." Con said, "Yeah..But I don't want to leave the Cubs alone.." Kia said," I could get them out of the castle,and get them to my house...I bet Niall would love to see his new cousins.!" Con said," But..How would you cover them?" Kia said," You worry too much; little brother. They'll be fine in my care,You trust me..Don't you?" Con said," I trust you with my life...but not my newborn cubs. I know that when Niall was a kitten,you took care of him for a couple of months and let no one care for him but you..they just got born yesterday,and your expecting me to..." Kia could see his sadness of not getting to spend time with them. Kia said," Then they will be good,and I'd they do try and lay a hand on them,they'll be dealing with more than just Duncan.." Con said," Thank you." That was exactly what Con needed to here from his brother. Duncan looked at his mate,and said," So..Ready to face my pack,mate..?" Con said,"Yeah..I'll face them.."

Duncan and Con went to Duncan's dad first to have permission for the pack meeting. His father, Phil, said," Hello,Your my son's mate.." Con said," Names Conner Light Bell, Nice to meet you,Alpha King." King Phil said," Call me, Phil." King Phil remembered a name like that and said,"Please, just call me Phil...Do you have any brothers?" Con said,"Yeah, two." Phil said,"What's there names for I feel as though, I've heard your name from somewhere." Con said," My brothers? One's named Kia..that recently was able to become a king and Austin is my oldest brother..by the disappeared after being freed from the witch's spell." Phil nodded and smiled," It's nice to meet you..So son, are you ready to become the Alpha of this turf? " Duncan said," Yes,I am."