pg.27

Con and Duncan went out of the room and went back to the kitchen. Con said," Yes! A pancake left! " Jake said," Now we have our two contestants! Prince Duncan and The one and only thief Conner! That have to fight for the one and only chocolate pancake!" Con laughed and said," Or I just give the pancake to Duncan and make more..Since some people don't know that you shouldn't eat everything! And those pancakes were suppose to be for the maids too for helping get ingredients and allowing us to use the kitchen..I'm sorry ladies..They have a big appetite..I don't even know how my boss handles them..." The girls giggled and that, and Jake said," What's that suppose to mean?" Con said," Nothing..I didn't hear anything...You?" He was looking at the girls and they said," No,sir!" Con said," 1 or 2 pancakes?" A couple said,"one ," and some said," two ,"and one said three. Con said,as he pointed to the one that said three," I see what you did there!" Then Con said," Hm..How many is that...? 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 +1 + 1 = 15.. and then I need some too...sooo 17 pancakes..." Con sighed and said," This is going to take a while.."

After making and eating pancakes, Con went out to the living room and saw that Jake and Cody were playing a game...Cody said," HA! I beat you!" Jake said," That's because you cheated!" Con said," Come on; don't be a sore loser, Jake." Duncan said,as he went out of the kitchen and was leaning on Con," Who's a sore loser?" Con said,as he looked up at Duncan and glared," Get off me..." Duncan said,as he put his head on Con's head," Answer my question,then I'll keep my distance.." Con said," Jake's a sore loser for accusing Cody of cheating. Now Off!" Duncan sighed and went to stand beside him. Jake and Cody laughed,because..well, to them it was funny that a prince wanted a thief and not the other way around, you know because bad guys and thieves liking money.The fact that they were paired made it that much more funny for Cody.Jake kind of pitted Duncan for having Con as a mate.

Con trusted Duncan and felt like he could be with him but..His haunted past mad him more cautious and less open with people. I mean Cody and Jake rarely heard him smile or laugh. The only time it ever happened was if Kia or Naill was there. Duncan said," So what are you three doing today?" Con said," Cody and Jake are going to Kia's house and getting bow training..I'm having to teach the guards how to use a dagger and sword..I swear that captain has something against me." Cody said," Nah, He's just impressed that you were able to take down the whole squad! I mean literally what I your right mind told you that was a good idea?" Con said," Hay, In my defense that Third guy was harassing you and needed to be taught a lesson! How was I suppose to know that they were going to attack me?" Jake said," We got to go! Good luck, Con!" Con said,with a sigh," I'll need it.."

Duncan watched Con fight and teach the guards. One of the Royal guards had told Duncan that his father wanted to see him, so he got up and went to the Royal thrown room. The guard knocked on the door to the room and Duncan's father said," Come in!" Duncan went inside and the king dismissed the guard. He bowed and closed the door behind him. The king,his father,said," Hello son, It is about time that you stepped up to be king,and once the assassins are dealt with you will have to tell me who your actual mate is. For I'm not believing that a thief is your mate. And a boy at that! Ridiculous!" Duncan growled and Saga said," You dare to disrespect my mate in front of me, father?" The King said," How could the moon goddess do this? I need grandchildren! Who will be the next king if you have a guy for a mate? This is unjust! You will have a wife,a women! As your mate!" Duncan said," And I'm telling you! I won't!" With that he stormed off and shut the door, after a couple of minutes of Duncan just laying against the door of the throne room; Con bent down to his level, came over and said," You ok? You look a little worn out..." Duncan thought,' He must have felt my stress and came over here knowing something was wrong."

Duncan said," I'm fine.." Con said,as he pointed an accusing finger at him,"Liar.." Duncan said,with a little laugh," Fine, you caught me.I'm stressed out from my father." Con said," Hay,He's just trying to understand you..And look on the bright side,at least you had a father.." Duncan said,as he and Con got to their feet," I guess your right,but he just doesn't understand." Con said," No one can understand you,better than yourself. But there are exceptions to that as well..No rule is perfect..At least from a thief's point of view..We work around the rules,I don't know what is it like to follow them though,must be hard if your this stressed.." Duncan laughed and said," You make a good point." Con said,happily and smiling a little," I just got the most amazing idea of all ideas! After Cody and Jake get back! We should all take a break! I mean it's been a couple of months since this whole assassination thing. Maybe something fun to do would be a good thing for all of us." Con looked at Duncan if he agreed to the idea since it was the first time he said it out load. Duncan smiled and said," I'm sure everyone would like that.."