3: Realizing

Link hovered in his spot for a moment, Many moments in fact, that all showed he wasn't sure of himself and that it was mostlikely because of my tendency to scare people. I looked at him properly, And noticed how he resembled the Hero from Skyward sword, Although less manly he was still handsome. My eyes found his bare feet and I couldn't help but stare in awe. I mean we do see link's feet in twilight princess but this was different. Looking up I saw he still hadn't moved a centimetre.

"What's taking so long?" I playfully asked.

He ran a hand through his blonde bangs in clear frustration. "Nothing"

I pressed into the cold rock, My lips turning blue. Any longer and I would be frozen to the very core. "Maybe I exaggerated" I said "Maybe it's important. Just please. I'm freezing half to death"

He glanced my way "Alright"

Link slowly made his way to the platform, His eyes glowed blue from the reflection of the blue swirls carved into the surface. He held his breath as something in the air shifted, It became hot and sweet. Then the platform reacted to his nearness, A center circle raised and turned clockwise, And from it turned and rose a rectangular flat stone with markings.

We both released a heavy breath, And I began walking to Link, Stunned.

"That is a sheikah slate"

The sweet, Soft, Hypnotic voice spoke again, Each word loud and powerful.

"Take it. It will help guide you after your long slumber"

"Do I take it?" Link whispered my way.

"What does your gut say?"

"It say's to ask you" He said.

"Don't listen to me, Obviously my instinct's suck"

"You're right"

"Hey!" I whacked his arm lightly "Just take it, I need to pee and I think that might be our exit"

He turned around pointing at me "I thought you just said your instincts suck and now you expect me to listen to you?" Link shook his head "Nope. No thank you"

"Stop being a baby" I said.

"Say's the one who is scared of rocks and hides in corners"

Oh no he didn't.

"You know what" I moved around the shirtless man and went to grab the slate "I will prove-"

I touched the slate but I gasped when an electric current passed through my hand. I retracted, Cursing in pain. "Ow ow ow owwww"

I grabbed my wounded hand, Then remembered I had no shirt on and quickly re-positioned my one arm over my chest again.

It didn't look bad but stung unbelievably.

"Told you"

My eyebrows knit together in frustration at his words. I felt defeated. But then I felt warmth, Link had taken my hand and observed it, His eyes focused. I didn't breath, Just watched.

"You'll be fine" He let my hand go "It will probably still hurt for a while though"

I nodded and looked at the floor, My realistic feet next to his two tonned ones made me remember that this wasn't real, There was no pain. But it still hurt no matter how much I told myself that.

He seemed to notice our differences as well, Link tried to remain expressionless but there was no denying the sadness and question in his eyes. Like he knew I wasn't meant to be here.

"Anyway" He cleared his throat. "I think I'll look for exits, Maybe there's one somewhere we haven't seen yet" His voice was filled with doubt.

But I knew, Knew it had to be the hero to take the Sheikah slate, And that I recognized the slate for some reason.

And that's when I also realized this resembled the gameplay fottage mister Aonuma had shown years ago of-

"Zelda Wii U" I gasped, A hand pressing to my mouth in shock.

"What?" He asked.

But I was already lost, Taking in the beauty of it all. The mist in the air that floated around like thin clouds. The way everything seemed orange and blue from the glowing carvings that ran up and down the cave walls. It was magical, If not spectacular. I had been so caught up in my simplicity that I didn't notice the earyness from the contraption, Or the way it smelled of fresh rain falling on stone in here. I closed my eyes and for the first time felt my surroundings, Rather then just looked, It was a masterpiece and I expected no less.

"Are you having a mental breakdown?" Link interrupted my thoughts.

"Maybe" I admited "And I love it"