13: Oman Au [Part 2]

"To you who sets foot in this shrine..."

An old cracked voice spoke.

"I am Oman Au. In the name of goddess Hylia, I offer this trial"

And then large letters appeared in the air saying "MAGNESIS TRIAL", I realized that just two days ago I hadn't been able to see the writting, Like when Link first got the Sheikah slate. I wonder how come I could see it now.

A tune played and then Link and I looked at eachother quickly. The room was mystical like the place we woke up in, Everything glowed blue and had a strange ancient feel about it.

We both spotted a Pedestal, It was becoming so routine already that we just walked to it without thinking. Link pressed the Sheikah slate into it's place and as usual the pedestal twisted and placed the sheikah slate flat into itself.

The pedestal flashed bright orange.

"Sheikah slate authenticated. Distilling rune..."

"Rune?" I spoke out loud, Link shrugged.

The stone above the pedestal started to turn blue and from it dropped a blue tear that soaked into the slate.

A horse shoe shape showed up on the screen.

"Rune extracted"

And then the pedestal twisted and popped the slate back out. Link grabbed it and placed it on his hip.

"So now what?" I clasped my sweaty hands in nervousness. I'm sure Link had also heard my voice shake.

This was all so new, so different and actually kind of scary.

Who knows what's down here. It could be anything.

"Well, We have to make our way forward" Link said "The treasure must be further into the shrine"

"Okay..." I glanced around the room, My first initial thought was that we where trapped, again. The room was a square, And the only part that seemed to lead to another room was blocked off by large bars we could never squeeze through.

But then my eyes landed on two VERY suspicious looking metal slabs on the floor in the center of the room.

Link and I spent the next five minutes squated down and trying desperately to lift at least one, I swear I looked like a tomato trying to lift that thing.

"I- wait" I was gasping for air "Just- a sec" I lean agains't a wall.

Holy karp it felt like I had just ran a marathon.

I was all sweaty and gross. But the walls where cold so I took off my bow and quiver and lied down on the floor on my back, just absorbing any coldness I could.

"Are you okay?" Link asked.

I just lifted an arm in the air and did a quick thumbs up before I let my arm drop back down. I couldn't talk, All I could do was gasp for air like a fish out of water.

I'm really out of shape....

"You know, You're really out of shape" Link mirrored my thoughts.

Lets just say my arm went back up, Only this time I didn't give a thumbs up but rather something completely different.

"Wow" Link said "And you're rude"

He started laughing as I pretty much scowled at him from the floor.

"Am not" I spoke as I sat up, Sticking my toungue out playfully, Then sat back down because I was still to exhausted to stand up yet.