33: Past [2]

(A/N: Hey my readers! Just wanted to notify you all that this chapter is about BOTW Link's past)

It was morning and the rain drops on the roof where a slow tune.

Bill yawned and sat up in his small bed.

What a night.

It had taken the man hours to fall asleep, all he could do was wonder and ponder and wonder some more.

A sound of shock left his lips when he noticed a small boy asleep at his feet, he must have sneaked in late at night from the other room.

"Hey umm... Boy. Wake up" Bill said softly. Sure enough the boy woke up with a silent yawn as he rubbed his eyes.

The boy looked at the man with knowing eyes, it made Bill feel un-easy as he pushed the blankets off of himself. "I'll make us breakfast, do you like oatmeal?"

The boy shrugged.

Bill frowned as he pulled on his house robe and slippers and then walked from his room to the kitchen, the boy following behind him like a chick to a hen.

The man turned the stove top on and then brought a match to it, it lit up instantly just as there was a light knock at the front door.

"Officer?" A female voice spoke, it was smooth and sweet.

Bill walked to the door and swung it open to reveal a woman with short brown wavy hair and great big brown eyes, In one hand she held a large yellow unbrella "Goodmorning" she said "I made some cookies and got an extra dozen out of the batch" her other slender hand held out a picnic basket "I was wondering if you'd like to have some"

The man gave a gentle smile "actually that would be nice" He pointed behind him as he said "But I think my company would enjoy them more then I would"

"Huh?" The woman looked past Bill's shoulder and spotted the boy sitting at the table patiently "Oh my goodness he is adorable, who is he?" She questioned, her attention back on Bill.

"Don't really know" he said honestly. "But the kid is skin and bones"

"Oh!" she gasped "why don't I make a good hearty breakfast for the two of you?"

"Would you?"

"Sure!" She smiled "what are neighbours for"

Bill sighed with a smile "thank you Jen"

Her cheeks turned pink and she pushed a stray hair behind her ear "anytime. So what would you guys like, eggs? Bacon? Pancakes? Sausages? Diced fried potato's?"

Bill let Jennifer into the house and looked at Link "what would you like?" He asked as Jen folded her unbrella and placed it agains't the wall.

Link looked at Bill and shrugged.

Bill sighed, thinking... "Wait" He said and ran to a dresser and pulled out a pencil and paper "can you write?"

The boy nodded.

A moment later they where both infront of the boy as he concentrated on scibbling down what he wanted.

Seconds later he held the paper up.

Written neatly across it, it said 'Pancakes and bacon please?'

Jen pretty much glowed when she smiled sincerely "coming right up!"

Moving to the kitchen she opened a drawer and pulled out an apron then moved to another drawer and fetched a big bowl.

The boy raised an eyebrow at Bill.