26: Grumpy Sheikah

Could you ever imagine a girl, a boy and a wolf all squished together on little stairs infront of a old guy who looked beyond discouraged as he sat in his yoga pose.

Well I couldn't!! even though that was EXACTLY what was happening right now.

I was holding wolf Link back, his tail whacking my face as he excitedly tried to attack the sheikah like he was a chew toy.

"Remind me, why the heck did we take wolf Link with us?" I stammered, pretty much lying on top of the dog so he couldn't wiggle free "stop stop stop" I begged as wolf Link somehow was finding a way to squeeze free. "Gahhh" I grabbed his front legs as he kept barking excitedly.

"His name is Jay remember" Link was smirking "And it's cold outside, want him to freeze?!" Link crouched down and patted 'jay's' head "isn't that right?" Link spoke in a 'adult talking to a baby' way "We don't wan't you to get cold boy, no we don't!"

Rolling my eyes I said "he has fur!"

"Not enough" Link shook his head.

I think my eyes twitched. "FINE! If you love him so much then YOU deal with him!" I huffed and let wolf Link go.

He launched forward happily, His teeth about to close in on the old guys arm just as Link said "NO JAY!" Wolf Link stopped, his eyes going from the old dudes arm to Link "don't" Link shook his finger.

Jay's tail started to wag again as he ever so slowly started to close his mouth in slow motion.

"Jay no!"

Jay's tail dropped and he made a low growl as he marched away.

Frowning I thought 'so he'll listen to Link huh? Typical'

"I'm to old for this shit"

I yelped in shock, I never thought the old Shiekah guy would say anything besides the usual dialogue they give. Blinking I turned to Link, we said nothing, Then burst out laughing.

"Here, take them and leave, ya baboons" He held out two spirit orbs.

"Uhhh two?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Can't you count" He rolled his eyes "Two people, two slates, two orbs"

This guy was sassy.

"But the last shrine we did together we only got o-"

He cut me off "There was only one slate back then" the guy seemed angry at having to explain.

"Fine fine" I laughed, grabing one and pressing it into my chest just like Link.

It felt weird, like a large droplet of cold water was pressed into my chest and then it felt like it popped and the water dispersed into my veins.

Holy weirdness.

"Now get out of here!" He yelled as he dissapeared into dust.

As the darkness took over I smiled at Link. I couldn't blame the Sheikah for pretty much hating us, we caused havoc in his shrine. I'm sure we gave him a major headache as well.

"That was fun" Link said, patting Jay's head.

"Agreed" I patted Jay as well, he seemed annoyed that we where touching him but didn't bark at us or anything.

The darkness twisted and slowly transformed into the entry of the shrine.

The old man stood there, leaning on his cane.

"Have fun?" He asked.

"Yup!" I skipped forward and stopped beside him "Although I think we made the guy angry"

"Wouldn't be surprised" He chuckled in a low voice and brushed a hand through his beard. At that very moment my eyes widened in some sort of realization.

I recognized him somehow, he did look different but somehow the same.

"You- you are the king" I said in shock. "I don't know why I didn't notice before!"

"What?" Link asked in shock, standing beside me "is that true?" He asked the old man.

"Hoh" he smirked, looking at Link "If you really want to know the answers to your questions then meet me where the two lines connect on the map"

And then before our very eyes the old man transformed from a regular man into a shadow of blue flames, They crackled like the sound of a campfire and then he dissapeared.

I blinked at the now empty spot and gaped.

Link frowned as he pulled out his slate and opened the map.

I needed to get used to the weird...

Deciding to do the same as Link I grabbed my slate, feeling my fingers tingle from the touch, but it was barely noticable now...

I opened the map and starred at the small area that was there, zooming in I concentrated and focused...

Two lines?

I didn't see it for some reason. I sighed. All that I saw was two shrines, the shrine of ressurection and the tower.

"I got it!" Link smiled "Look" He held out his slate. It was different, rather then two shrines there where four littered across the map, he pointed from one to another and then the same with the other two "The two lines connect-" he pointed to the temple of time "there"

"O-" but I didn't have time to finish because Wolf Link began to bark agressively and ran off down the snowy trail.

"JAY WAIT!" Link yelled, running after him in a hurry.

I was about to start running after Link when the blue flames appeared in front of me.

My eyes widened. "Whaa-"

"..You are not stronge enough yet to know the truth" The old mans voice rung in my ears. "You will only hold Link back if you don't try to enhance your own power as well" My face fell in shame "Get three more spirit orbs and then you will be worthy to follow Link off this plateau and find the answers you have been looking for" I looked back up from under my eyelashes "do you understand?"

"Yes" I answered softly.

"Good" the flame died out and I stood there.

I looked at the footprints in the snow and bit my lip. "The heck with it" I said and started running after Link. I didn't care what the old guy said.