37. Bite

The man had messy wild black hair that spun in tight swirls all around his shoulders, scars littered his round face. The towns people reacted negatively, giving the newcomer the same welcome they gave me and Jay.

The man was calm and looked at the people with a sweet expression "do not worry, I am here on business" He pulled an insane amount of money from his pocket "I assume I'm welcome?"

The owner of the ranch nodded "oh course, all money is good here sir"

He smiled and went out to take care of his horse.

"Is he a part of that Sheikah clan?" A kid whispered to his mother.

"I'm not sure, I've never met one"

There was one thing I was certain of, this tiny little ranch was drama central. People here got their entertainment when strangers arrived. That much was obvious. Thanks to this newcomer I was already being put on the back burner of the conversations floating about.

Suddenly a pang of pain struck me.

I was wincing in pain when the man returned into the building, blue eyes scanning the area.
"Has anyone seen a blonde haired young man passing through here?" He questioned.

Right away an uneasy feeling settled into me, I was sure he was looking for Link. But why?

"I'm blonde!" A little boy stepped forward, a huge smile on his face.

"Hmmm" the man walked up to the kid and squated down to his level "you certainly are" ruffling the child's hair he stood back up and looked around "but I'm looking for someone a bit older young lad"

No one answered. No one trusted him.

With a smile he shakes his curls out of his face. "Never mind" and he walked over towards a bed after paying.

The rain sound was all anyone heard once the tent was silent.

Jason walked over to me "what a creep" he whispered in my ear.

Takes one to know one.

"Hm" I nodded, glancing at the man.

He was picking something from his teeth. His muddy boots on the bed as he relaxed.

"Do you think he is looking for the same guy as you?" Jason asked.

"Shhhhhh" I turned to Jason, pressing a hand to his lips "geez"

"So-wy" he said through my fingers as he shrugged.

"Nice dog you have there"

I turned back around and there he was. Standing and staring as I had my hand pressed to Jason's mouth.

A nervous laugh left my lips as I removed my hand quickly. "T-thanks" Jay was resting by my feet but at the sound of the man he opened his eyes and his ears went flat, his teeth beginning to show.

"Don't see any animals like that around here" the man scratched his scalp and acted coy "where did you find such a beast?" He smirked.

Jason was awkwardly twisting his fingers together.

In fact this conversation had the entire place tense.

"He found me" I replied casually "and besides what gives you the right to question me stranger?" I snapped. I was sure my eyes were filled with distaste.

He laughed, and it was squeaky and odd. "Curiosity" the stranger said and then looked at Jason "and what are you trying to do? Flirt with the girl?" He laughed again.

He was much too confident and invasive this stranger.

Jason blushed red "n-no" and he got up and ran off.

I rolled my eyes. Typical. Leave me all alone.

The man sat beside me, leaning in...

"I know you have a secret" he whispered "tell me" his hand touched mine softly. I felt as though I may vomit. His touch was so unwelcome and revolting.

Then Jay bit the stranger in the balls.

Good boy