35: Off the plateau

(A/N: New part added)

I stood at the edge of the plateau, my eyes on the horizon, In the distance I spotted death mountain as it smoked in anger.

That's how I felt right now, angry. And I wasn't certain why.

Jay was beside me, his eyes watching a group of keese flying around in the distance bellow, he never barked like I expected he would. I guess he could tell I was in a bad mood today.

A deep sigh escaped my lips as I lifted my very own paraglider above my head.

"I can do this" My hands where slightly sweaty. Squinting my eyes shut I took a deep breath and launched myself outwards.

My paraglider allowed me to slowly glide down, looking back at the retreating plateau I could see Jay watching me, his tail wagging.

A smile on my face, I looked forward, deciding where to land.

Noticing horses I directed myself towards them. One caught my eye, a black beauty was munching on grass peacefully. I angled myself over the horse and fell unto it.

Right away all of the other horses screamed and ran in fear, the one I had chosen began the buck.

In shock I put my paraglider away and then grabbed the horses black mane.

The horse was relentless and bucked over and over, pain crashed throughout my body over and over.
Light headed and getting weak I was on the edge of giving up when finally the horse calmed down.

In wonder I watched as it breathed heavily, clearly tired. It's eyes held an acceptance.

Moments passed.

I whistled.

Sure enough Jay warped infront of me with a howl.

My new horse seemed scared, backing away from Jay.
"Wow woww girl it's okay" I pat her softly, in hopes to calm her down "everything will be okay"

It seemed to work.

Wipping the sweat from my brow I glanced at Jay "can you uh... Smell Link nearby?"

Jay was not amused.

"Oh come on, please, just try Jay"

He gave in, smelling the air and the grass. Looking at me I could see it in his eyes... He couldn't smell Link nearby.

Hmm just my luck.

"Come on horse" I called it to go and we began trotting.

The thing is, I hadn't really prepared myself and ended up slipping off the horse.

On the ground I uttered a few curse words. Not at all happy.

Can't I do anything right?

Standing up and brushing some grass off my butt I walked to the stopped horse and got back on.
And we where off, deciding to go west down the path. Wolf Link ran beside the horse at full speed, seemingly having no issues keeping

The path going away from open fields and becoming more closed in by tall rock faces made me feel safer. But my hand was still prepared to grab my bow the moment it's needed.

I turned a corner and Jay barked.

There was a man. I stopped my horse in caution.

He had a large back pack shaped like a bug. Deciding to not interact with such a strange person yet I rode past him, caution in my eyes. He glanced my way and waved, a friendly smile on his lips.