28: Flirting

"See, told you" I was on Link's back, my hands holding his hair softly like reins for a horse. I had stolen his elastic and made a big poofy and messy bun on the top of my head and with every step Link took it would bounce around crazily. "Heu" I said smugly "I'm dee wee-ner" pumping a fist in the air I pretended I was some familiar caracter and had just came in first place after an intense race "YEAH!"

Link laughed "No fair" He put me down unto my feet "I did all the work" He poked my side, making me twist away.

I kept laughing as I ruffled his hair "that's true, thanks for being my horse for half an hour" I cooe'd.

His eyes crinckled shut "ey, No problem" he gave a thumbs up and then he poked me again "but to be honest that was one heck of a workout" he wipped his brow playfully, acting exhausted.

I whacked his hand away as he tried to poke me again and laughed "yeah yeah, well you need the muscle mass anyway mister 'i'm de hero of de world'" I lowered my voice to sound like him and made a weird hand gesture.

"HEY, I do not talk like that"

"Like whaaa?" I said in the same tone.

he pulled my bun out, making me gasp over dramatically.

He stood there smilling from ear to ear and holding the elastic. "Pay back"

"Oh you did not" I said.

"Oh I did" he winked.

"That's it" I said warningly and jumped forward and tried to grab it but he held it up high. "Link!" I said in frustration. "You know you like my bun, pleaseee give it back"

"Hmm" he looked down at me with a smile "let me think about it" he leaned forward "no"

His deep laughter was so loud you couldn't even hear my groan.

I think he could tell I was getting frustrated for real because he said "alright alright, turn around"

I did and his hands where in my hair right away. He pulled at the worst knots and then re-made my bun.

His hands in my hair had made a shiver run down my spine.

Link bobbed my new bun once with a small laugh. "There"

"aw thanks" I turned and went unto the tips of my toes and kissed his nose then walked away.

The sun was hot today, I felt a bead of sweat trickle down my forehead. I pulled the hot sweater that I still hadn't taken off over my head "woo" I smiled "man that thing was hot" I stretched and closed my eyes, feeling the breeze on my arms felt nice.

Looking over my shoulder at Link he was staring at me.

I met his eyes.

they bore into mine, almost as though they where reading my very soul.

He smirked bashfully and broke the eye contact "we'll I guess we will stay here for the night then" he walked over to a nearby tree and climbed up unto a low branch, sitting down across it he picked an apple and bit into it. One arm fell slack to his side.

His lose hair fell in layers and twirled in the warm wind.

I realized I had been starring and shook my head.

As I walked over to the tree and sat agains't it I listened as Link started to whistle a tune.

His voice left me breathless. I starred up at him and couldn't look away. I just couldn't.

Thump thump thump

"Look" Link said, pointing. Breaking my daze.